Better WR Debate: Hunter or CP

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 31, 2012.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Hunter has more catches and yards in the SEC games, than Patterson does. Not real sure where you get that Hunter hasn't shown up. He hasn't shown up like we would like him to show up, but he has shown up.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

He should have caught that. Again, I'm not arguing that he's not played bad at times, all I'm saying is for a kid who tore his ACL just over a year ago to lead the team in receptions and yards, is pretty remarkable.

3. g8terh8ter_eric

Pretty much. It sucks too, because double teaming him is much easier now, because the other teams know that Bray needed Rogers to help with Hunter.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Once again though, all of his yards come in garbage time. His many drops have been far more costly than anything from CP84. No one had any clue what Patterson was going to bring save for vfj and Brinkley. He's become the most dangerous player in all of college football. Hunter meanwhile has been nothing but scared all season long.

5. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

I agree.

6. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Not so much , isn't not at all. Nobody is saying Hunter sucks. It's just that Patterson has made the big plays I expected Hunter to make. Maybe we put too much on him as fans after his injury. Patterson is making plays at several different positions. I'll will admit that much. But , at times , it seems like Hunter is nowhere to be found. He is getting his stats. Most coming against weaker teams. He just isn't the game changer we expected him to be.

7. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

I told the wife during the Florida game last year, right after Hunter's injury: that's basically the end of Justin Hunter as we know him, at least as a Volunteer. He'll miss the rest of this year, he'll be back next year but a shadow of his former self, at least for the first half of the year, and then he'll almost certainly go pro barring disaster. And that's how it's played out. I don't blame him at all because it was completely predictable; this is how these injuries go, especially for guys with lucrative pro careers hanging tantalizingly close in front of them. But as expected, he hasn't been close to the same player this year. Best of luck to him in the NFL next year.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

All of his yards?? Seems like you might be stretching that a lot.

9. g8terh8ter_eric

I hope his is able to go pro, and make the money he's capable of making for his family. Hunter is a true VFL, and deserves to do so.

10. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

I don't bear him any ill will at all. I knew he wouldn't be the same this year. He'll be back to full speed next year, but he'll be getting paid for it. As he should be.

11. g8terh8ter_eric

Agreed.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's difficult to blame any player for jumping early, especially after seeing Lattimore on the turf Saturday.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Patterson has 1000% been the better player in SEC games, and it's not even close.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not really. He's been a no show in big games other than USCjr. That was by far his best game.

15. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

I don't know how any player in that stadium who has a chance to go pro after his junior year wouldn't take it. Sickening to think about the amount of money Lattimore has made for everybody else, and he might never see a dime.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Think of the money he saved Spurrier. The kid practically resurrected Spurrier's career.

17. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Spurrier never sniffs the SECCG without that kid. He ought to send Lattimore a Christmas card with a $100,000 check in it every year for the rest of his life.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I love how our fanbase is fawning over Justin Hunter and making excuses for him when they killed Jamal Lewis, whose contributions were about 1,000,000 times more important than anything Hunter has even thought about doing.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

They weren't too tolerable toward Arian Foster either.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Foster had a knack for ****ing up at the wrong time, while Lewis' great crime was to not be the best RB in the nation the year after having a serious knee injury. Since he didn't gain 5,000 yards, there was no doubt he was tanking it.

I always find it funny when fans are so eager to fetch water for a grown man as coach, yet so willing to throw away a kid who dares to not meet fan expectations or worse. The whole DeAnthony Arnett saga typifies this type of attitude amongst the fan base.

RoadTrip likes this.