Better WR Debate: Hunter or CP

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I sit in the endzone every game I attend. He never even looks off. It's painful to watch.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Havent been here a week and you've already gone full eric.

Shame on me for thinking it wouldn't happen so quickly. Good grief.

3. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

If only there were a picture of CP staring off into the distance we might have an idea of what kind of heart he has.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Reserved for moving some posts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Great question. No doubt Hunter is better route runner and knows the system better. CP is a top 5 playmaker with the ball in his hands. The better WR as of today is Hunter but I would rather have CP on my team because he can do more on the field.

6. 247VOL365

247VOL365 New Member

I can tell you who I'd rather have back next year, and that is hands down Cordarrelle Paterson!

Edit: I also think he benefits more from a Senior year than Hunter.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

There's no question that JH is a more polished receiver but there is too much diva in his make up for me ... I'll take CP. It seems that his ascent to the #1 receiver and the on-field scheme/attention he has gotten has been more than he can overcome. Not to mention Bray can't seem to account for his speed on the slant and throws the ball behind him every single time.

8. 247VOL365

247VOL365 New Member

No doubt.

9. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

CP fan here. Big time playmaker. If he did come back his route running would improve strongly and he would be a Heisman candidate. If the NFL wants him in the first round he has to go however.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Its not hard to see.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hunter
    CP is a bigger playmaker and hasn't underperformed at all. If anything he has far exceeded my expectations.

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I've been preaching to everyone who will listen that Bray either isn't smart enough to learn the x, y, and z route combinations or doesn't put the time in to be comfortable with them. You would think after years in the system he would be comfortable enough to look off the safeties and have confidence that he knows exactly where his target will be when he shifts his focus. However, now that CP is in the mix he almost has to follow him on his route because he doesn't know where the hell he is going to be.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Diva? Deets?

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm not really seeing the Devin Hester comparison.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not either, honestly.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fast and black. Good Lord you're slipping.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's why we're not talent scouts. Couldn't even recognize that.

18. DynaVol

DynaVol Member

Hasn't Patterson's mom already stated that if she has anything to say in the matter, he's going pro after this season?

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For real? That's the opposite of every other player mama comment I've ever heard.

At least she's no phony.

20. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Patterson is not NFL ready as a WR. He is no doubt an elite talent, but he could definitely use another year in college. The problem is, who will be coaching him next year? If it his this current staff then he is no doubt going pro. If it is someone new who excites the fanbase and players then I could see him staying. I think that is the same with Bray as well. I think Hunter is gone regardless. Bray is gone as well unless a change is made that he likes.