Better WR Debate: Hunter or CP

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 31, 2012.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Look at it from strictly a WR standpoint, not everything combined. It's not fair to Hunter to use Patterson's KR and WR sweeps in this discussion. because Hunter's not had those same opportunities. From a WR standpoint, Hunter has done better in SEC play, except in the TD department, where Patterson has 2 TDs more than Hunter. Other than that, Hunter has been the better WR.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

Only SEC game where Patterson has played better than Hunter was UF. Hunter has more catches and yards than Patterson in all the rest.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

You keep saying this like it matters. If Bray kept force feeding the ball to Patterson like he does Hunter, then the stats would be reversed. I even daresay the outcomes of some games might be different.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed.

CP's YAC would be ridiculous if he was routinely fed. I love Hunter, but there's no way he has made nearly the impact of CP, week in and week out.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There's no common knowledge of Hunter banging attractive white women out there, yet. If it goes public, they'll turn.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I can't fathom anyone other than the Noid here would disagree. No one is going to argue that CP a good route runner, but it's his first year in the system, he's still learning it. This is Hunter's 3rd year under Chaney's system. By this time he should know just about every route on the field. To expect more out of CP than what we're getting, especially with the extremely limited touches they are giving him, is beyond absurd. To expect Hunter to go after the ball, which he refuses to do approximately 60% of the time, is normal. For pure production, I'd take White Lightning over this version of JH. I know Hunter is coming off knee surgery, but he's not aggressive at all and he's playing without passion. CP is light years ahead of him in not only raw talent, but desire as well. Give me CP84 all day over Justin Hunter.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Black athletes at TN screwing white chicks?! Do tell.

How much more "common knowledge" could that be, considering that Kiffin's ace recruiter was (alleged) to be a blonde co-ed.

For the average black male in Knoxville, you're probably correct, but black males who are also student-athletes at UTK have an entirely different set of societal rules....that is, until they get into trouble, or fail to perform.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

I just believe Hunter is the better overall WR. Nothing more, and nothing less. I also believe that what he has accomplished on the field, after the injury he had, is very remarkable. I do agree with you and others, that he's played bad at times and scared as well.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

None of them named Ace Clement though, right? All those toothless hill jacks years ago that just knew they had a chance with her were forever crushed knowing a black phallus, or 30, had been in her. And that damn Jamal started it.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Patterson is a first year player in this system that knows about three plays. If he were fed the ball as much as Hunter Tennessee may have a legit heisman contender. Hunter is what I expected him to be and that is a guy playing a little scared.

Chaney and Dooley are trying to use him like da'rick and it's not working

RoadTrip likes this.
  11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Id like to see all three of them come back under a different staff with a legit RB in the backfield.

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

If only CP wanted it more...

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If we had a quarterback that could chech down we'd have a different offense too.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

didn't CP out perform Hunter at Miss St or am I just making up stuff in my mind

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

This - without question.

He came in for fall practice. He was taught routes that fit the original intent. Then Duh'rick shitcans his opportunity. Plan B for CP with learning on the run, literally. No offense intended, but, CP is limited in the brain power if you will remember his academic history. Takes more time and many more reps to get him up to an SEC level of exectation.

Once/if he learns the system before turning pro he has legitimate Heisman talent. But given the choice of millions in next year's draft or hanging around and taking a chance on even a Hunter type injury, much less Lattimore one, please grab the gold CP.

16. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Ahh, but herein lies the problem.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Also a coaching staff that isn't all that adept at coming up with simple ways to get CP the ball.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Is the QB failing to check down, or is it that lack of check downs available that is the problem?

Also, we should be running at least 3 variations of a quick screen per game to get CP the ball quickly and in the open field.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Even if check downs were available would you trust Bray's decision making?

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If he were coached better, maybe. As of right now, no.