Better WR Debate: Hunter or CP

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 31, 2012.

1. DynaVol

DynaVol Member

iirc, it was on supposedly on facebook. She responded to someone mentioning him coming back or going pro. I have got to start book marking or taking screenshots.

2. govols74n

govols74n New Member

After hunter and Patterson witnessed lattimores injury, they're both gonna want to go pro before they get hurt....It's all mental at this point....even I would be wondering "what if that happens to me before I get a chance"......

3. The Sabanocchio

The Sabanocchio The real OCI

Hunter is the better receiver at this point and his stats back that up. CP needs to learn to get off press coverage better and run more precise routes. When he's open and the ball is on target, he catches it. I think Patterson is the better football player but Hunter is the better wide receiver.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't know what this means.

If you line everybody up to pick teams to play a game this afternoon, I'm picking Patterson first.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Me too. Just imagine how much more we'd like him if he hadn't been such a disappointing underachiever this year.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I would too.
    If we're talking strictly playing WR, I'm taking Hunter. I'd also draft Hunter ahead of CP atp.

7. The Sabanocchio

I wouldn't say that, for the record and I know that's a dig at another poster. I'd say he's exceeded expectations regardless of his lack of polish at wide out.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'd agree with you.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Bray coming back either. Which hurts us.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

this debate was not spawned from a better WR debate. It was spawned from who has been most disappointing as a WR. CP is a player that was thrust into the #2 spot in an EXTREMELY pass happy offense without knowing jack about the team, the chemistry or, most importantly, any of the playbook. There is absolutely no possible logical reasoning to say he's been more disappointing than Hunter.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Peterman with Gruden > Bray with Dooley. I get what you're saying, though. It would be nice to have all the playmakers back next year

12. kidbourbon

You write this as if a certain number of completions to Hunter is going to win Bray a set of steak knives or something. Bray could be throwing it to Hunter more because Hunter is open more. Radical theory, I know.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I know you're esophagus deep sucking on Bray (i kid, at least a little), but Bray never takes his eyes off Hunter when he throws to him. He rarely checks down at all. It's not a radical theory you have, it's just not the case here.

14. kidbourbon

It's not gonna happen, but Bray with Gruden would be so very lovely indeed. I think a few droplets of precum just formed at the tip.

15. kidbourbon

Statement: Hunter is a better route runner than CP

Do you agree or disagree?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And then when the playmakers are gone, where will all the people be that were saying "Dooley restocked the roster to an SEC level!"

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't disagree at all, but as I've pointed out, this argument is based off who is a bigger disappointment this season, not who is the better overall receiver right now. Not calling out the Most Important Man Here (that's Tenny obviously), but I feel he failed slightly at naming this thread when he separated it from one of the 492 Gruden threads.

18. kidbourbon

I'm a huge CP fan, and I'm not trying to disparage his accomplishments. I was merely responding to your point about the intended recipient of Bray's throws being Hunter more often than CP with a possible explanation that it's because Hunter runs better routes.

19. The Sabanocchio

That changes things for me then. If we're going by who is more disappointing as a WR I'd say it has to be Patterson. I expected him to be a dependable 2nd option for us when Da'Rick left and he's struggled getting off press coverage and just plain getting open. Granted he hasn't had as many drops as Hunter has this year, but he also hasn't been targeted nearly as much.

Zach Rogers has easily been our most dependable receiver.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

CP has exceeded my expectations.