POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You'll be deemed a racist asshole if you say anything to them.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sad but true. What they were saying was sick.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No. They would act as the Westboro people, reveling in their crazy and getting louder and more obnoxious. They are just crazy ass street preacher types and deserve to be ignored.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That's how it was for me growing up in the streets of Compton.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He lied about what happened and made those kids out to be monsters.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Situation with Phillips never happens if a few football players from my school are on that trip. Cops are already rounding people up for those crazy Hebrew guys being beaten to a pulp.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And come on. This kid didn’t act like a jerk. He stood there awkwardly in front of all his buddies while an old man acted insanely right in front of him. I’ll be he was embarrassed as hell about the whole thing before he even knew of the social media shitstorm.

Volst53 and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you didn't really yell at people, or choose to bang drums in someone's face like that in Memphis in the 80's without repurcussions. I'd have been the peacemaker but overruled quickly.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Muh smirk.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Finally found my answer. The answer is no, they have to be verified as a Mexican national through the Mexican consulate, including fingerprinting and confirmation of the person's identity, and only then can they be sent back across the border by foot or other means.

If they are not a Mexican national, they must be deported via plane to their country of origin.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So the interesting thing about this is:

If the MAGA kids were a group of predominately black kids from a private school that protested some sort of social activism and a group of white supremacists (which is what the Black Israelites are) yelled at them for hours with the black students shouting down their hateful rhetoric, calling them out for homophobia/etc, and then had some older white dude in a MAGA hat go up to one and beat a drum...

Everyone in here criticizing the "smirk" would be proclaiming the bravery and restraint to weather such hateful vitriol without reciprocating. But instead we have a white kid smirking and he's the face of white supremacy, white/male privilege, etc.

The, "if this was a different person doing the exact same thing... would this change my interpretation of it" is a pretty good litmus test for if you hate the action or you simply hate the person because of what they are.

Also, we're being played for fiddles by foreign governments, but don't let that get in the way of a good ole fashioned American hatefest.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I personally am waiting until these kids enroll at UK to start hating them

emainvol likes this.
  13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm glad I didn't watch this video. I hope to never see it either.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It is the kind of incident that would have (happily) happened w/o any notice 20 years ago. Nothing happened that should have the whole country in hysterics. Hyper-politicized adults interacting with immature kids. "Battle lines being drawn. Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong."

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

20 years ago? This goes unnoticed 3.5 years ago, because the only piece is that stupid hat.

It is continuously amazing to me that people that wanted this, that wanted the establishment shook up, that wanted partisan politics shook up still find ways to [itch bay] about the fruits of their labor.

The hell did you people think was going to happen?

emainvol and The Dooz like this.
  16. fl0at_

“Oh, I bet if we just elect this highly polarizing guy, we’ll totally end all this polarization.”

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

A similar litmus test might be, "if someone else says something is all about race, how do I usually react?" Seems pertinent with your thought experiment here.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

In what way did he make them out to be monsters?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

My pushback is on the ridiculous narrative that these students were paragons of virtue. Clearly the truth is in the middle.

20. fl0at_

I think he literally called them predators stalking an elderly group of prey.