POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, if she has the courage to crawl out of her coffin and occasionally walk in direct sunlight, she must know a thing or two about bravery.

warhammer, tvolsfan, gcbvol and 3 others like this.
  2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Bump.

The Dooz likes this.
  3. JayVols

[​IMG]

emainvol likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now thats funny.

emainvol likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

3D chess, baby. All part of the plan from the Master Dealmaker himself.

JayVols and emainvol like this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And same deal from last month, so I guess he just shut down the government for the lulz. These are some impressive mental gymnastics, even from an already accomplished squad

7. JayVols

The world class level of mental gymnastics being displayed today attempting to spin this as anything but Trump caving is quite impressive.

If Coulter had left out the H. W. Bush bashing*, she couldn't have been more correct.

Trump had a $25 billion deal handed to him & he turned it down. Now he shuts down the govt attempting to get $5.7 billion, but gets rejected. He can't even get 1/5th of the previous offer now. Yep. One helluva dealmaker that guy is.

*I've always had tremendous, genuine respect for the elder Bush & have always equally hated Coulter. It pains me greatly to say she's even partially correct.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I actually do think he can regain an upper hand here. If he makes it known the democrats have vowed to work toward providing the requested border security India and he reopened in good faith - it gets people paid and he can then potentially call it their shutdown for not living up to their promises. Anway to ease the political pressure on him, potentially allow the democrats to not fund a wall but fund a fence, and flip it back on them if they don’t deliver.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I guess President Trump can give a SOTU now, too.

Loser.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The thought of losing face time was just too much for him.

tvolsfan, emainvol and JayVols like this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Should have good ratings. Maybe not like when he and Putin were on, but he should have good ratings.

JayVols likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's that possibility, but it didn't seem to be the case when he gave his stream of consciousness press conference today. I think, like any student half assing it, all his lack of preparation, failure to listen to real experts and inwarranted arrogance got him boxed into a corner of his own creation. Based upon experience, he probably either doubles down or folds, there's not much nuance there.

13. JayVols

Haha.

With your definition of winning, you're the perfect fan of UT football over the last 15 years.

Trump is the Butch Jones of the presidency. All talk, shitty results.

14. JayVols

Agree.

Trump accomplished an amazing feat that every other president in the TV era has accomplished, a televised SOTU speech in front of the entire gov't. I can't believe I've overlooked his genius all this time.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He keeps a list of enemies in his back pocket. Not even kidding

JayVols likes this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Obama gave 8. He's tied for the greatest POTUS of all time

JayVols likes this.
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I never paid much attention to Ann Coulter but she's apparently a ginormous [unt cay]. Calling a decorated veteran a wimp. [uck fay] her.

emainvol and JayVols like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh? calling decorated veterans a wimp is a problem? I recall the greenlight to do so being given in 2016 for all manner of pejoratives and further confirmed all the way to now. there is a long list. if you are conservative, that is.

emainvol likes this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nothing chaps my ass more than being lumped in with other people based on one opinion. Don't do that.