Boston, MA

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hallowed_hill, Nov 4, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

So much hatred for my beloved Yanks.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Excellent. Sounds like you are getting a great taste of the city. The Marriott is a good place to stay...great location. If you like raw oysters, Neptune Oyster's selection can't be beat and is right up the street from you (North End as well...just not Italian like the rest of it). There are several good bars right in the area around the Black Rose. You've probably hit most of them :).

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Regina's...I love that pizza...and miss the hell out of it.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

In Sullivan's Tap right outside the Garden. Asking $150 for singles right now for Boston-Montreal. Nuts. Great atmosphere. Will be getting some F Canada chants going shortly.

4. hallowed_hill

Experienced a first last night. Got turned away at a bar! Thought my id was fake. No way im a 30 yr old from TN. I laughed at the guy, took two steps, and was in the next bar.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I liked the Black Rose.

I was with a group of people, and we had fun on a DUK Tour.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird, getting turned away from a bar. sometimes folks can't find where Tennessee puts the birth date, so perhaps that is what made him think it was fake.

7. hallowed_hill

He was there the next night and I stopped and talked to him. We both got a good laugh out of it. Sat night was absolutely nuts with the game going on. Was 15, feels like 1 when I left yesterday. Nice to be back in TN for a few days.

8. hallowed_hill

Looks like I'm going to make it to Boston during the Yanks series in three weeks.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Motherfracker. I'll be there when they're playing the Rays.

10. hallowed_hill

Hung out with this guy for a while last night: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_Chebet

He runs 26.2 miles in 2 hours, gets second in the Boston marathon, and he's outside the hotel smoking cigs like a champ. Nevermind the fact he has to go back to Kenya disgraced for losing to an American.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

When are you leaving boston?

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not sure how I missed this thread when it happened, but I lived just outside of Boston for two years, and while a lot of good suggestions have been mentioned already, I have to add that my favorite restaurant in Boston is Addis Red Sea in Back Bay. If you either like trying new foods or already like Ethiopian cuisine, it's a must. I always get the yebeg wot, which is delicious, but what dish to get obviously will depend on personal taste.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Abe and Louis for steak, Atlantic Seafood for seafood; both are next to each other on Boylston St.
    North End for Italian (anywhere on Hanover St.)

14. TennTradition

My favorites are just off Hanover on some of the back streets. Have to be a bit better due to less foot traffic.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  15. TennTradition

I always heard good things about Addis but never went there. We usually went to a dive on Broadway in Somerville.

16. hallowed_hill

I did Antico Forno yesterday. Was incredible. The North End is my #1 can't miss in Boston. Such a cool area.

17. hallowed_hill

Just got back to Knoxville. Heading back in two weeks. You there this week?

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Never made it out to that one. I went to Asmara in Cambridge, the 2nd Addis location in Cambridge (Porter Sq), and the original Addis location in Back Bay. There was really no comparison between those three--the one in Back Bay was a clear winner.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yessir. Flying in Monday

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Salem Street I assume.