Bowling Green instant reaction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 2, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trevon Flowers played really well, hopefully he stays healthy

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

-Beer concessions really needs to get their shit together. If they’re this slow for SEC games we are going to get crushed.
    -Was awesome to finally get to eat a Petro in the stadium again. Even if I ate the whole thing while standing in the the beer line.
    -So great to have the pregame show back. Got literal chills watching the kids run through the T again.
    -New lights are okay, but I don’t really get the hype. Maybe it just looks better on TV.
    -Shooting the fireworks off the sky box now is also an interesting twist.
    -Atmosphere was very good for a Thursday game to be honest. Yes, it wasn’t full but it felt like a normal game day again.
    -HR Derby at LNS yesterday afternoon. Jordan Beck broke a windshield and hit one well into the substation across the street from LF.
    -If your kid was there, they took home a baseball. Tony V never misses a chance to promote, no matter if it’s 1, 50 or 5,000 people.
    -Woke up this morning and it felt like fall. So good to have the full college football experience back, not just here, but for everyone.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I couldn’t really see the lights on tv. I could tell they were pulsing a few times but if they changed the colors then our lights are sad compared to Bama/UGA.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Which is fine because Bama and UGA’s are azz

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I did one here years ago but indy used the thread to talk about himself.

HCKevinSteele and justingroves like this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I should point out it sure looks like there were less overall lights on each light stand, and it was noticeable brighter.

Yes they did pulse, and there was some orange lights that pulsed as well but those were mostly onto the stands.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, the student section was sold out and rammed to the gills. I don’t know how or where it was promoted, but props to everybody who got them there and for the kids for showing up.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Dr Dan did a lot of it

Memtownvol and The Dooz like this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We are really talking about a different reaction today if Milton hits those two well designed go routes, and Hyatt could catch a cold. It’s an even bigger blowout by about 21 points

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Don’t they also have some of the upper deck seats in EE & FF? Looked like some empty spots up there but when I was there a lot of those people came down to the lower bowl.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

but the go-routes... that IS what I am worried about. It was right there and he whiffed.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

What’s weird to me is we were hearing in reports he was the most consistent with the deep ball. I don’t know how that would be possible with the flat throws he serves up.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah those are nice and everything if you hit them but standing in the pocket and holding the ball and not seeing open guys is more of a thing to me

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We would have a 300/300 in game 1. Truly with 4 well designed plays and routes with perfect matchups. Just missed.
    Milton needs to get athletic back there before trying to unload from being flat footed. Zero chance to get into a consistent rhythm without bouncing around a little

15. Ssmiff

Kinda cracks me up thinking a coach told him to stand tall in the pocket. Hoping Milton is just sarcastic

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He threw better when he did move, the flat footed thing was bizarre to see.

17. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

CH today:

ON JOE MILTON GOING 9-FOR-11 IN THE FIRST QUARTER, THEN FINISHING THE GAME 11-for-23 PASSING

“Some of it was what (Bowling Green) was doing, where we felt like we had an opportunity in some drop-eight coverages. There were some times I didn’t like his decision-making. There were some things that were open, open down the middle of the football field that he doesn’t recognize. There are some things that we have to clean up. Offensively we’re going to have to clean up some things too. At the same time, there were some positives coming out of it as well.”

Sorry If I'm pasting from an article.

10SEvols likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

I thought he was coached to do that in the pocket?

19. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

How refreshing to have a coach identify and want to fix problems.

20. Ssmiff

Yep. No bs.