Bowling Green instant reaction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 2, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Why?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Because this offense runs better when the qb can see the whole field and be accurate. The offense will generate open receivers, and will fall flat on it's face when you don't hit them and get into 2nd and 3rd and long. And Bailey can do that.

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am just disappointed you guys are not panicking!

this sucks. Period. VERY unimpressive. Well more like pathetic. I just want to see good football. Not perfect. Good. It wasn’t. My spoiled ass was a FR in 85. So…this sorry football thing… well…it doesn’t seem right.

I saw a pic of Joe Milton and was getting hopeful. Looks buff. The storyline would be great! But I miss T-Rob. I loved the way he threw. Casey and Tee were so cool. I loved the good years. Invol might be disappointed but my give-a-sh!t meter is a 0.5 out of 10.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I've never seen a QB so flat-footed. Arm talent is elite though.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I am honestly really excited about Tiyon Evans though. Just like Hooker is a Great Value brand Dobbs IMO, Evans is a Great Value brand Kamara.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He should have.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think Pitt was always going to be a war, and we were kidding ourselves to think we’d take enough steps in one offseason to make us clear favorites in that one. At least we have 9 days to take whatever strides we can, but this season is going to be uneven as hell, whether Heupel is good or bad.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have discovered that if I don't "overreact" then I am personally apathetic. I have no joy in this shit any longer.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The defensive line as a whole whipped Bowling Green's ass all night, which is exactly what they should have done. It's nice seeing that.

Memtownvol, lylsmorr and chavisut like this.
  11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Regarding B Young, since when do prep schools count against eligibility?

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I didn't get to see the first half. From what I saw of the 2nd we looked average, not good but not bad either. Running game was dominant which I enjoyed. I also think that resulted in far fewer pass attempts which could be linked to no rythym in the passing game. A lot of firsts last night which is an intangible but certainly a factor.

In short, they looked about what I was expecting.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a weird rule that's not clear, certain prep schools still don't count.

chavisut likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

i at least appreciate that they realized throwing the ball around wasn’t happening so they said let’s run it down their throats and get out of here

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thank you for reminding me of this. The last 3 jagoff's would have kept trying to throw it.

I will say this, this style of offense is not my cup of tea. I really don't like super fast tempo offenses as a viewer. I find I need the nothing between plays, and if it is constant go go go go go go, I don't enjoy it as much.

Also, it makes for 5 hour games.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think the D did a good job adjusting to what BG was doing.

They had 2 bend-but-didn't-break drives against them in the 2Q but then basically shut BG down after that. With just about every staff we've had over the last 12 years that game would have gotten out of hand in the 2nd Half. Good to see clear adjustments.

I can't really blame the lackluster passing game on the offensive staff yet. YET. Milton is the prototypical guy that every coaching staff dreams about. When it's live, however, he feels slow on the run and is a statue in the pocket. Doesn't sense pressure well and doesn't move the pocket at all. Not an accurate thrower and has almost no touch on the ball.

Basically... he's the same guy that was at Michigan so our staff shouldn't be surprised. I don't blame them for seeing if they could get something more out of him than Michigan got, but from this point forward I would imagine that Hooker is breathing down his back. Feel bad for HB since it seems like he isn't even being considered despite having the best O&W game of any QB.

They have a 5* QB that went 12-15 for 200+ and 2 TDs and have him at 3rd String.

10SEvols likes this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

I told my brother last night, that style is fun when you’re putting it in the end zone, and horribly awful when you’re not

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think the thing is that it was a bogus one.

19. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

1-7 in the conference

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I will say, we have yet to see any of the other teams play at all. There is still hope that suck isn't confined to Knoxville, TN. South Carolina is one dimensional even with Doty as the QB, and maybe Pitt drives the struggle bus with UMass, who was right there with Bowling Green on how dogshit they were last year(12 points ALL year long).