Bowling Green instant reaction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Going to go ahead and add, while if doesn’t mean much because of the opponent, Bowling Green ran two plays in the red zone for a combined -1 yard.

lylsmorr likes this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seems like a timing and more practice with the receivers thing. Wasn't summer camp his first action?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There was a lot of air under the deep throws. Too much, obviously.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton's slow progressions and standing still would still worry me for the future, but yes the stat line is a lot better.

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Banks is running freely to the football, there's not a delay where he's thinking. I'm sure he'll get burnt on some misdirection but it didn't happen last night.

Simmons and Terry are loads up front that require double teams. The opponent doesn't matter there, they take up space and Simmons is pretty quick too.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He threw some damn rockets too from 40 plus. Arm strength isn't an issue

TangoUniform likes this.
  7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The offense I saw last night is a functioning version of what we were supposed to see under butch. Milton wasn't great but, unlike JG, when he scrambles he runs into space. He also throws the ball away and doesn't try to fit it into triple coverage, even though he has the arm to do it. I think this team, barring injury, should hit 6-6 for the season. The main reason for 6-6 is that I think we'll be able to purely outscore SC and Kentucky. JMO(opinion subject to change week to week)

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Next week is going to tell a lot about how much you can fix in nine days, and even more about our margin for error this season. Win and we debate whether 6-6 or 7-5 is a more reasonable expectation. Lose and 6-6 is an uphill climb.

Volokie, chavisut, ptclaus98 and 2 others like this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I can see why the coaching staff likes Milton. Has an NFL arm.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"Never bet on UT covering the spread" has been a maxim for as loong time.

13. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

220K to that guy was probably like $20 to the rest of us.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Banks loves to play football, I'll give him that. For better or worse, he's always a heat seeking missile. Myself and the old UT buds that gathered last night for the game were talking about how amazed we all were that he's still even at UT after *everything* that has transpired with him the past 4 years.

Poppa T and justingroves like this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea surely to God anyone throwing around cash like that on a line for an insignificant game has millions of extra dollars to burn.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think the hope has always been with Pitt that no matter what we should be able to "out-athlete" them. We could all be in for a very rude reality check next weekend with where the program is actually at. Being at home should help, but it's coinflip imo

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Him coming in as RB in his freshman year and completely discombobulating UGA when we were already down three touchdowns was the most beautiful thing I had seen in years. I wish he could have learned to hold onto the ball.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think LB is the best spot for him. Helps out the team the most with him playing there and the position provides him with the best chance to make at least a little bit of money in the NFL down the road.

I more wish that he refrained from threatening to shoot KPD officers on camera his freshman year. Dude owes UT a lot for sticking with him when they didn't have to. Knowing about his rough upbringing, UT/Pruitt/Fulmer may have saved his life by not throwing him back to the streets. Perhaps that was a pivotal event that woke him up and changed his life for the better. At least he has a shot now to make something of his life, regardless of whether he makes it in the NFL or not.

justingroves likes this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Depends how we lose. If the game is competitive or winnable 6-6 should be a reasonable expectation.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

sorry guys, if we lose to Pitt we are not winning 5 other games.

ole_orange, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.