Bravo Mr. Trump

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Oct 12, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Might be. Might also be a lot worse for providers in terms of reimbursement, which is going to affect quality.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I fully support providers being reimbursed at acceptable levels. I also respect the work you've all put in to be medical professionals and the necessity of the skills you possess. You should be compensated in accordance.

3. Calculon

Calculon Member

Take care of yourself all you want. When you are the guy with cancer needing a million dollars worth of treatments, you’ll sing a different song.

4. JayVols

Can't quote you Calculon, but absolutely. Walking a mile or two in someone else's shoes would benefit us all.

5. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Couldnt read all of it but if it allows insurance across state lines then people with pre-existing illness could possibly join under a Maine type system. Its deals with pre-existing conditions.

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/05...t-fuels-the-new-gop-bid-to-replace-obamacare/

Also today Trump is cutting the subsidies to the insurance companies. Dems are squealing! When did dems care about evil HC insurance companies ...LOL. Trumps message to Dems...help or get out of the way. Zer0care is on the way out if he has his way.

What results would DC like to see from HC.

1. doctors and patients decide care when person is sick or has needed care.
    2. insurance pays the bill
    3. no caps, no denials, no "we dont cover that" needed care. This would exclude abortion, birth control, most plastic surgery, and transgender mutilations.
    4. Cost would be less than 5% of a households AFTER tax income.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Now you want my shoes, too?

7. JayVols

Just for a couple of miles. I'd give you mine in the interim. I'm a size 12.

8. JayVols

And I must insist we both use disinfectant foot powder.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

How many of these countries are as unhealthy as the USA?

10. JayVols

How many are not as unhealthy because they can afford wellcare, which is astoundingly less expensive, as well as treatment for sickness and disease? Try never changing the oil and filters in a new car. See what happens.

With the logic that's it's so bad, no way it can be addressed, might as well give Butch his lifetime contract.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Unfortunately Butch is a pre-existing condition. Can't help you there.

12. JayVols

Point noted and accepted.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not many. It's the American lifestyle and food.

14. JayVols

I think it's significant, but us not agreeing is nothing earth shattering.

Would having more money by not shelling out premiums, co-pays, deductibles, out of pocket costs not allow folks to eat healthier? I mean, yesterday I was basically called a disgusting fat-ass and the majority of my problems were related to that. The first part may have merit, but the second part is unproven at best and baseless at worst from all research I've seen. But let's assume that's the case, fresh fruit & vegetables don't come cheap. I get your point. I do. I even agree that the average American diet sucks. In fact, I'd say that most poor people who are disgusting fat-asses like me are that way, to a significant degree, not because they overeat, but because of what they eat. Unhealthy food is cheap. That's why they eat it. It's a chicken and egg argument, and at some point has to be addressed. The (in)ability to buy healthy food and seek help with weight and diet are real factors. I'm not asserting that you are saying this, but we can't just look down our noses in disgust at people that are eating what they can afford.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not looking down my nose, I'm just stating the way it is. Medical care only accounts for so much and in most people it's actually a pretty small piece of the puzzle. Everyone knows what you need to do to stay healthy and nobody does it. And honestly, a good diet isn't all that expensive, if you buy and cook for yourself. At any rate, fix insurance and you aren't going to see some magic transformation. There will still be a lot of unhealthy people.

16. JayVols

I said that I was not asserting that was what you were saying.

Where do you shop for groceries? If it's not that expensive, I need to start shopping there.

Knowing what one should do and the ability to do it are two entirely different things. I know what needs to be done to be an all-American LB, but that doesn't mean I can do it.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I shop at Kroger. I'd say I spend a lot less on food than most of my staff, who seem to eat out every meal.

18. JayVols

Uh oh. Secret's out. You shop at a union store.....

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why do you assume I have no pre-existing conditions myself? Or that I don’t have family members suffering from cancer right now?

I just don’t expect the world to take care of me or my family. Other people have their own problems to worry about.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Unhealthy food is more popular because it tastes good and generally faster to prepare.