Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I won't pretend to be the biggest Dooley fan, because I am not, but to pretend that he massacred this situation is just some of you all's disdain for Dooley rearing its head.

Put yourself in his shoes- Dooley should go by internet rumors and Basillo when deciding whether one of his football players should be suspended/dismissed.

If he does that and those rumors had turned out to be false, he almost certainly retains his jackass of the year award that he won after the UK game.

I would venture to guess that the stuff before the baseball player's laptop and the arrest was being handled in house.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Its poobably worth noting even rucker was attaching his name to those rumors about clear. Hes not exactly one to attach his name to unfounded stuff.

It wasnt just basillio this time.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Until there is actual crystal clear evidence (no pun intended), Dooley still can't just suspend him based on rumors and allegations.

Also, as someone who knows better than most how tthe inner workings of a college athletic department works, unless you are on the actual coaching staff, there are tons of things going on within a team that no one else knows about. Not the SID, the AD or anyone. Unless you can source a coach or player with evidence, we have no idea how Dools was handling it.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure why you guys think Dooley had only Internet rumors to influence his judgment. we see the smoke, the guys inside are fireside.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because Dooley is the gosh damn man.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Best post in the thread. :)

7. Dooley handled the situation very well.

Rucker ripped Basilio when he initially confirmed what Bill Will said, said he wasn't going to report unfounded stuff or whatever, then tried to say he reported it after the arrest. He was the best on the Vol beat when he worked for the TPF, now he's awful.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rucker ripped Basilio because it wasn't supposed to be talked about. No one would confirm or deny what Clear did, except for Dooley saying it was message board journalism. Dooley thought he could keep Clear on the straight and narrow.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. This post + [penis] Huffman's last post = the entire story

2. I don't want the coach running the team off of the whims of anonymous internet posters...and I can understand (and agree) with being dismissive toward rumors circulating, there. However, when you know the "internet rumor" to be quite true...and you (Dooley knew it was true when Hyams first inquired about it, at the very latest) STILL use the fact the it first appeared on the internet / message board, as a means of being dismissive of it, well that's dishonest at worst, or egregiously disingenuous, at absolute best.

Simply, Dooley was right in calling it "message board journalism" - what he failed to also mention was that it was DAMNED ACCURATE journalism, too, and one which he could not prevent from telling that which he was so mightily struggling to keep bottled up. He (seemingly) had already convinced some members of the local media not to run with it, and he would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for us meddling kids on our mystery van of a message board.

In 3-5 years, someone's going to tell the full story of the Dooley era, and you're going to want to kick yourself in the nuts for having denied what is so blatantly obvious to some, right now: Dooley would eat a baby to protect his job. Period.

Nothing would surprise me, nor should it anyone else.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny D is my copilot.

11. Tenacious D

Puny god.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Atheists must make do. Like how folks here on the Front Range have to substitute Rocky Mountain Oysters for seafood.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that people continue to defend an imbecile who is doing everything in his power to tank Tennessee football. He's a garbage human being and a lousy coach. Period. Anyone who believes otherwise should be committed.

14. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

This is the hat we all know and love.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This. If the rumors were true he knows it, or should.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What all do you want to know? I've came across stuff that I felt like I shouldn't share based off of respect for coaches and players but at this point I really think the world needs to know how big of a POS Dooley is.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do tell.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Without getting into details....

Deanthony Arnett would be suiting up for Tennessee this fall had Dooley made a single effort to remedy his home sickness . All Arnett's problems would have been cured with one single phone call but Dooley chose to ignore the situation.

19. Tenacious D

His, "attention to detail" rivals his "commitment to high-character" - meaning, completely in name, alone.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Its amazing who he does and doesn't go to bat for. This includes coaches. I wonder how he would have handled Brandon Warren shouting at Eddie Gran....