Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Count this as the 412th time that I have caught myself slowly shaking my head in disbelief that Dooley is an attorney by both education and trade. Isn't there a class or two that offers some means of teaching future lawyers to defuse situations with their words, instead of simply exacerbating them? The amount of money that Dooley receives for wearing Adidas gear should pale in comparison to the amount of money which Georgia Law pays him to prevent mentioning where he earned his J.D.

Clear was named in the original report as being a suspect in the theft. After being alerted that a stolen laptop was attempting to access the UTK system, members of law enforcement physically and directly observed him using the stolen computer (the serial number matched the original report of stolen property) while sitting outside of Neyland Stadium.

I understand and respect the legal burden of due process, and that as the accused, Clear is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty - but from Dooley's perspective, what more could he possibly be waiting to discover or "shake out", exactly?

Frankly, I scoffed at the earlier post suggesting that Dooley may be prolonging more certain and permanent action in hopes that Clear gets the charges reduced, and ultimately, can remain on the team....but I'm hard-pressed to see any other reason for delaying his immediate expulsion from the team, beyond that. And if that happens, and that is the "shaking out" that he is waiting (hoping) for, and Clear is allowed to remain on the team, the following should occur:

1. Henceforth, residents of Tennessee should be allowed to smack anyone in the mouth who attempts to tout - or even fails to openly mock - Dooley's stated desire for "high-character" players, or even for players who "do things the right way". Open-handed, with the option of delivery being either from the fore/backhand direction. (This is a metaphor, I am neither advocating nor attempting to incite actual violence of any sort, by or toward anyone, or for any reason).

2. Dave Hart, and in some regard, the University itself, should be assigned some level of blame, for allowing Dooley to do it.

3. Not only may the players revolt at the idea of allowing him back in the locker room, they absolutely should. If your HC, or those above him, don't have your back in something like this, I can't see how you could justify believing that they would have the moral character to do so in anything of meaningful, or even lesser, significance.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I agree, Tenny. The only reason for the suspension has to be to try to figure out some way to keep him on the team.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Good post TenD. imo,this is just one more strike against Dualey in Hart's little black book. The hits just keep coming with him.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you're reaching Tenny. Yeah, he has to wait until everything "shakes out" before he can officially dismiss him. doing it now and having the charges somehow dropped or whatever will screw him over worse. It's not an attempt to keep him on the team, it's an attempt to cover every base. I get y'all hate Dooley, but he can't overwrite the process.

one note- Duke Lacrosse.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm wondering if this is about to take an ugly, ugly, ugly turn..............

7. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

You're all about the teases today...

8. Tenacious D

If sufficient evidence has yet to be produced to easily justify kicking him off of the team at this point, I'm not certain as to what could possibly meet that unrealistic (IMO) burden.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got to keep you coming back to get web hits for Tenny................

And I'm just not positive enough of what I have heard.

10. Tenacious D

Surely not.

We need to see what "shakes out" first.

Careful what trees get shook in all of this.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you start a mod thread to put what you've heard?

12. Tenacious D

Someone told me that Hart's first knowledge of any of this came when he was told by SID that reporters were filing FOIA requests for an "incident report".

I'd chalk that up as either pure speculation at best or unabashed dishonesty, at worst, and completely discount it containing even a hint of truth.

But I've heard that.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd be shocked if that were true.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Completely agree LawVol.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Given your scenario, I wouldn't either. Back to the original question though- I would gladly welcome another coach if he were to be thrown into the mix and have the success Fulmer did. There's no denying he should have been let go sooner because of his laziness but the blame for him not being fired or contract falls on the UT AD.

16. Tenacious D

Can anyone talk about what were the specifics of the first "incident" and was it ever made (publicly) known?

When was it alleged to have occurred? And who else might it have involved....if anyone.

17. Tenacious D

I can't disagree with this line of thought, whatsoever.

18. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I've seen Palardy's name as a possible victim.No other names. My sense is late march/early april.

You said specifics though. Precious little of that floating around.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could even take it a step further and argue that the UT AD gave the impression that the sort of results Phil was getting were acceptable, and that he did in fact have "equity."

20. tripper

tripper Member

But didn't he buy it for $50 the day before he was arrested? He may have a receipt.