Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I have some complaints with the organization of the recruiting office, but since I still have a relative being recruited, I'll not share until things have shaken out one way or another.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Crazy talk. Dooley is a great leader and anyone who disagrees with that simply hates Tennessee. VFL! GBO! AFL-CIO! AARP!

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

My favorite is the crowd that's under the belief that he has re-stocked the shelves. If Kirby is given the controls in December, he will be taking on a poison pill of a roster.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would like a secret society to form with the sole objective of deposing Dooley.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Talent standpoint or just locker room type stuff. I don't think its close to what is going to win championships, but its years ahead of what Kiff took over IMO.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Both.

Its nothing short of a miracle that the only player Dooley has lost thus far is Arnett. If you recruit with promises and take a "tough shit" approach once a kid gets on campus, they aren't going to stick around 2 seconds longer than it takes for them to realize how big of a mess their next 4 years are going to be.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

No doubt. The only thing good thing about this team is the passing game and those guys may all be gone at the end of the season.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Geno Smith agrees.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Some believe that it's largely formed, but goes by the name of, "Executive Committee, Athletics Board".

Seems to gain new members all of the time.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The bold is the key point. I don't know how much talent is actually in the freshman and sophomore classes, but if it's not enough to win championships, it's not good enough.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think people like to make Dooley-Shula comparisons because it deludes them into believing:

a) we're getting our Saban after Dooley's gone.
    b) Dooley is 're-stocking' the roster.

The fact is, Bama was willing to spend big, and they were still lucky to get Saban. If Tennessee isn't willing to spend money and goes for Kirby Smart or someone else who hasn't really proven himself, it could certainly turn out poorly (although I have no doubt Tennessee will find someone with a better resume than Dooley, if that's saying anything).

As far as rebuilding the roster goes, I'll admit I don't really know too much about how much young talent we actually have. I will say that if the classes don't have quite a bit of talent, the next coach will also be walking into a bad situation. The only difference in that scenario is that Tennessee would be competing for 8-4 instead of 6-6, which really isn't different at all if you're looking at the big picture.

People like to convince themselves that Zook, Shula, Blake, and Cooper were great team builders that set up their predecessors to win big. While there may be some truth to that, the reality is:

a) those guys were all losers at great programs that were never more than 3-4 years away from winning with the right coach.
    b) their recruiting contributions would never have even been acknowledged if not for the school actually getting the next hire right.

I do think Tennessee can put itself in position to win relatively quickly if they make the right hire. But if the people in power screw that up, Dooley's recruiting won't even matter.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

tvols is my navigator.

13. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

This reminds me of what's been bouncing around the empty space between my ears lately.

Derek says team chemistry is the best ever. How is that possible? And if it is not, what does that say about where this season is headed?

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Cameron Clear has always been a shithead. I refereed his basketball games quite often and we always had to put him on high alert for being an idiot and trying to cheat. None of this surprises me.

Saying that, its going to be interesting to see what happens with him now that he will likely be coming home. Memphis could use the talent but our new coach doesnt tolerate much BS.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Impossible. Dooley only recruits men with impeccable manners

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I didn't want to be the one to say it but according to someone in my family who coached against him, Clear had no business even being recruited by an SEC school. He was lackluster in every area besides the eye test and his being highly recruited was the joke of Memphis. Anyone who has watched him slop-ass around on the field the last 18-months knows as much now as well.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's almost as if you're saying that Dooley not only missed in his evaluation of Clear as a person, but also as a player.

Impossible, right?

18. That sounds incredibly dumb. Apparently a lot of very good programs thought differently of Clear abilities.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Teams fall all over themselves when a 6 ft 5 inch guy can move like he does

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If by that statement you meant to say that Duke and Ole Miss were interested in making him a Tackle then you are correct.

I suggest going back and watching his uncoordinated ass fall on his face in the second half of last season and then watch the shit show he put on in the spring game. Let your eyes be your talent evaluator and not whatever Brent Hubbs puts in the war room.