Cameron Clear Arrested? (Yep, he has been.)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, May 22, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

"And there will be no cheating of any kind. Especially with my wife, who is a dirty dirty tramp"

2. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

A possibility that came to me at lunch.

Dooley might keep him on this suspension until he sees if defense/prosecution come to an agreement that reduces charges. If he gets arraigned on felony charges, it's got to be over.

Not saying I like the idea. I think he should be packing right now.

3. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

and that question mark on thread title should be a period

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Someone might have heard it better than I (I just caught a piece of it, I believe), but Hyams was just asked about when the ordeal took place and he remarked that he asked "Duncan"(?) (I assume that it's the UTAD Sports Information guy) about this rumor floating around some three weeks ago, and he said that "there was nothing to it, no formal charges, nothing to comment on, etc." Hyams went on to say that he doesn't believe that Duncan lied to him about it, and then said something like "take it for what it's worth".

Now, if I heard that correctly and understand the context of his comments (I very easily could have misheard or misunderstood him):

1. Doesn't that serve as independent proof that Dooley knew that something was going on 3 weeks ago - either before he was asked about it, or if not known before? Meaning, this doesn't seem to lend credence to the apologists who are saying that Dooley had no idea that this was hanging out there before yesterday.

2. Was he aware of it, and simply lied by saying that there was nothing to it, or did he even look into it to see what the deal was?

3. Whether he knew it or not, and when, why was the "official" response back something along the lines of "no one has been charged"? As a coach, who gives two shits if they've been "officially" charged or not, for all intents and purposes?

I love a good conspiracy theory....but this is starting to smart of a cover-up. A poor one, but a cover-up nonetheless.

5. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

If so, could a coaching change be in the offing before the season starts?

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Cam spelled backwards is Mac!

8. Tenacious D

fyp

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I've been reading all this Cam Clear stuff and so just to clarify,

Cam Clear has been arrested for stealing a laptop. He was found with the laptop in his possession. This is not Cam's first offense. Coach Dooley had knowledge of Cam's prior offenses and tried to cover up, or at least keep the knowledge of, Cam's latest offense in house. It didn't work and is now claiming ignorance and this news is all new to him. That cover it?

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's a pretty solid summary, minus Dooley's reaction to prior incidents. It might be more of a "I don't care" than one of cover up.

11. Tenacious D

Hyams just said, "I have no idea as to why the head football coach would have been dishonest with me, when I asked about this three weeks ago."

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Thanks CV. Disappointing to say the least considering that character was one thing Coach Dooley was hanging his hat on. This is not a good demonstration, quite frankly, it's the opposite of.

If I were to go to the other place and say this, I would be considered a troll or even a negavol. Let's see :)

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was told, and has been since verified by others on this site, that when told about the problem Dooley told his players to deal with it.

He'll be all over you if you are nanoseconds late to a meeting, but tells the players to deal with issues of teammates stealing from each other (among other things). Wither it's "see no evil, hear no evil" or "I don't care", it's not a good way to run a team and gain any respect back from the locker room or on campus, where he currently has 0.

Any you are correct, he is a complete 180 in his actions verses what he preaches. A hypocrite of the highest order.

14. Tenacious D

I wonder when Dave Hart first heard about this?

I wonder what Dave Serrano thinks about any possible inactivity that Dooley may / may not have made to correct this, at some point earlier?

Just random questions.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The second question will be a non issue if Dooley handles this appropriately.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The people who called for Dooley's termination as soon as the clock hit 0:00 in Lexington are looking pretty prescient about now. That which must be done inevitably should always be done immediately. Second time in a decade UT has failed to heed that wise advice. If Fulmer has been rightfully fired in 2005, we're not dealing with this foolishness now.

18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

If there is something going on three weeks ago, say either 1. we're not talking about it or 2. cam got in some trouble and we're handling it. It's not that difficult. Seems pretty clear that Dualey has trouble with the truth.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'd be afraid that an interim coach could have moderate success (relative to the low expectations), and we would have to listen to idiots calling for the removal of the interim tag.

20. Tenacious D

I'd say it's a distinct danger.

The last guy that was unexpectedly thrust into the head coaching gig, though unqualified, parlayed a 4 game winning streak into a 16 year gig and $6M buyout.