card's at the walk in clinic thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 26, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be worse. You could be in Canada and have to wait and it not cost anything out of pocket.

Oh right, that's better.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The UT joint at Northshore Kroger is never busy.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And the best thing is that he could wait at home. And in 8 months he'd get the call that he's ready or to be seen.

Nevermind the fact he'd have already paid for himself and 1000 freeloaders 10x over with the 50% income tax and 13% sales tax. But hey, at least health care is "free", right?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am pretty sure the income tax doesn't even approach 50 %. Do you have a link?
    Do provincial sales taxes pay for health care? I don't believe they do, which is why they range from 5 to 15 %.

I'm sure the latex gloves the doctor puts on for Card are actually hundreds of dollars a box, and that he isn't being charged a markup to make up for lost revenue from others anyway.

5. InVolNerable

top bracket federal bracket is 29% hit at 136k.

Add in an average of about 13% after 65k per province (except Alberta which is a 10% across the board. Craziness to charge people the same relative amount! Alberta must be full of savages).
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

GST is 5%. I'm guessing that goes somewhat towards health care.

PST is going to be 6-8%. A total of 11-13%. Does it matter if it goes towards health care? You're still paying it, are you not?

But you're right. Taxes aren't that high.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Actually didn't cost me a dime.

7. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Boom. **** Canada.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Top tax rate in California is 48 percent.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what you are saying is the income tax rate isn't 50 % and that no, the sales tax has nothing to do with health care. Cool.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mooch.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doctors are probably less racist in Canada, too.

12. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

without a doubt. truly a land of milk and honey, if you believe in that kind of stuff.

13. InVolNerable

My original estimate was off, but you said it doesn't approach 50%. It does.

Never said sales tax had nothing to do with it. Said I don't know if it does. I'm sure some if goes to the medical freeloaders, but I haven't come across Canada's tax appropriation records. But I'll I'm be sure to let you know if I ever do come across them.

14. CardinalVol

Surprised me too. They said I didn't have a Co pay.

The tamiflu, however. .....

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, good that you are getting something for your insurance, in all seriousness.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you think it approaches 50%, then so does the US. Sales tax is provincial, so it is a good bet it isn't a significant part of national health care funding.

17. InVolNerable

In certain areas of the U.S., yes.

I didn't realize the federally levied GST was a provincial tax.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  18. CardinalVol

Now the wife is there, looks like she may have it too.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Anchor Down Card!

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

In Tennessee we do not pay an income tax, and for that we get to pay some of the highest hidden taxes in the nation. Gasoline, tobacco, alcohol, excise on tires, etc. plus one of the higher sales taxes. Our property taxes have increased markedly over the past ten years. My tax value has increase 63% since I purchased this house 24 years ago. But we don't pay income tax, aren't we lucky?