card's at the walk in clinic thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 26, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So is world peace and Gruden (with our admin). Doesn't stop people from wishing for it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. InVolNerable

Who ya gonna git? Go cheer for Bama.

3. InVolNerable

You and IP are acting like I think it's an actual possibility. I'm just saying I hate taxes and would prefer to just pay for what I actually use.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What world do you live in? That is as untenable an ideology as taxing the rich 70% or some such share the wealth garbage.

5. NorrisAlan

Ah, what I get for not reading the whole thread.

That said, I have no desire to live in a world where there was no public fund of any kind. It would be an unmittigated disaster.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not really but you can't have high centers of population and it work

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm not VFL.

#brickssuck

8. JayVols

You are correct. I misinterpreted you if that wasn't your intention.

Sorry about that.

9. JayVols

Agreed.

The rich should be taxed at no less than 75%...

10. InVolNerable

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem donating. I love giving to St. Jude's and East Tennessee Children's because I know it will go to good use. I just prefer that I decide where my money goes, as opposed to the government forcing me to hand it over and wantonly wasting it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we spread out 300 million americans evenly, most would get ****ed.

12. JayVols

You're not unique. We all feel that way. I'd love to not fund corporate and/or lazy folks' welfare.

Interesting story. The current tax assessor built my house. He called today to tell me that they had my house listed as a 2-story dwelling. It isn't. I've been paying about $150 more/year on my property taxes than I should have since 2002. He told me the law would only allow them to go back 1 year and refund the money. Now that pisses me off. I know we have financial gurus here. Is that correct? It wasn't my mistake, and I don't feel that I should be punished for someone else's screw up. If there's a way to get all of it back and come out ahead, I'll do it. $1,500+ is a lot of money for me.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

That doesn't seem right. I bet you if the mistake where in your favor, they would want it all back. That's what I would ask first. I live just below the Sullivan County Assessor, and I'll ask him about it.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No clue. That's ridiculous though.

15. CardinalVol

You act like government ever has equal and fair rules going north ways.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah it's generally a one way street.

17. JayVols

Thanks.

I graduated with our Assessor. Played basketball with him through middle school. (Don't laugh. I was the best 8th grade defensive player/charge-taker/hatchetman in Northeast Tennessee. Don't know why I played though. I hated basketball even then.) And he built my house.

It doesn't seem right. I'm anxious to see what you find out.

18. JayVols

This is an "F You" to all those that pine away for a heavy dose of local govt control. Local govt shits on you as much as the federal govt does.

19. NorrisAlan

Apparently there is a very bad flu bug going around this year. Several deaths already here in the states.

But we are Ebola free, by god!

20. CardinalVol

Only thing I think local government should have a heavy hand in is education. It's all messed up.