Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

First football practice tonight. I'm a mixture of psyched and nervous.

2. CardinalVol

God that felt good.

kmf600 and Volst53 like this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

man it’s going to suck if they pull the plug on us.

the kids are really hurting over this lockdown stuff.

4. CardinalVol

Yup.

We had one assistant completely chew the team out over effort at end of practice. The ones of us that knew him were all laughing under our masks.

5. CardinalVol

My son's 9-10 team has three kids that weigh 180+ and their O-line is going to average somewhere in the 170-175 range plus two RBs that can fly. Told his coach if they don't average 300 a game on the ground we ought to fire his whole staff.

justingroves likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I didn't weigh 180 till I was thirty five ...

7. CardinalVol

They should be very, very good this year.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they’d have whooped your ass too.

9. CardinalVol

Boy was supposed to run a 5K with his mom tomorrow but told her last night he didn't want to be late to football practice so he wasn't going to run it.

I smiled on the inside.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Planning on going to see Brentwood middle V play vs Ravenwoood feeder Woodland next week if allowed. Seeing these kids now at 13 and 14 grow up around my kids is enjoyable. Some look the same and some hit eqrly spurts. This team has a chance to be one of the best BMS has had. Merril kid can fly, they have big kids blocking and a kid at rb who will break track records this year. He will play at about 6'0 160 and looks like Eric Dickerson playing against a jv team

11. CardinalVol

Why coaching 7 and 8 year olds is awesome #3 -

Parents laughing and making fun of their kids the first time they really get hit hard.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

National ymca is suggesting that, instead of shaking hands after games, teams line up on opposing goal lines and wave at each other.

These may be the end times.

13. Ssmiff

Its already happened in kids football games. They pile all over each other with sweat and spit flying on every play but the after good game line for 1 minute is shut down.

14. cotton

Wonder how the y would look upon a team of 8yo girls lining up on the end line and flipping the bird to the kids on the opposite end, followed by a team mooning?

15. Ssmiff

Walker Merrils 8th grade bro is rhe best athlete on the field tonight

Attached Files:

16. CardinalVol

Matthews going to be going to the priest asking to up that football schol......I mean need based financial aid package for Catholic youth in the Knoxville area after that game today.

17. cotton

After combining 9-10 and 11-12 year old leagues in baseball last year, and this year allowing kids that would have aged out to play fall ball to attract enough kids to have a season, on the edge of the season our league has noticed that 9 yo s and 13 yo s are going to be playing together, and this might not be a good thing. So now there is a big pow-wow for player safety and competition issues that is going to result in moving the mound 4'. Tough times for youth sports.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Fall ball for us is just clinics, rather than games.

Working on the fundamentals for the season, since we only get 4 practices anyway, is going to good for the players, I think.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah we aren't allowed to have games. just instruction.

20. CardinalVol

Baseball was starting to put it together, but then I had a kid quit, then football actually happened so we lost 3 more players and the three coaches so we ended up having to disban the team and move the remaining players to other teams.