Coaching Vacancies

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 26, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's a good oc and recruiter. I wouldn't say he's elite at either though.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It seems pretty evident that Gus is going to give up control of the offense. One thing I'm curious about is what Jarrett Stidham knew about this and if this has been more or less decided for a while.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

There have been rumblings for a while no?

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'm not familiar with him.....which I know you are. Just the name I keep seeing and hearing down here.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah, but he's going to go from run first to air raid? seems like a weird fit. I guess stidham would already know how to run it. spav had a decent oline at cal this year and still didn't run the ball much.

6. RockyHill

Yeah I'd say the power players told Gus what he had to do. I'm just thinking Stidham probably wouldn't walk in blind so maybe the hire has been set for a while now.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

spav wants the head coaching job at cal. I think he'd already have been named the OC at auburn weeks ago if this was in the works.

8. RockyHill

I suppose he could cede control while keeping in place his run style and go more balanced. It's been abundantly clear for a while that Gus won't and can't take his throw game strategy past the high school level.

9. RockyHill

Yeah I don't think he's a real candidate. He was with Gus at Tulsa for a year so there's a connection but I don't think it makes sense.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah, but spav's offense hasn't been heavy pass at both A&M and cal. dykes actually makes more sense there since he actually ran a heavy run offense at Arizona when he was OC.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ahh that's the connection. interesting.