Comcast is just mercilessly mercilessly sodomizing me

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Mar 4, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm happy for your experience. No sarcasm.

I wouldn't piss on Dish Network, even if it was on fire, unless I had just drank a 55 gallon drum of lighter fluid. I hope your equipment doesn't malfunction...

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

according to twitter.

I've noticed the "i'm going to cancel my service" thing doesn't work nearly as well as it used to. sad. direct tv literally would only cut my bill by $10. I have time warner internet and they literally are staffed by the biggest morons on the planet. i'm paying $60 a month just for internet. I need to go [itch bay] again.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's entirely possible their service is superior in los angeles than it is in more rural areas.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

5. kidbourbon

This was on twitter today? That's funny.

6. JayVols

You have a valid point. See Verizon/AT&T cell service.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

High speed Internet and cut the cord might work.

Comcast constantly has grouped services discounts. Add a $19 phone line, upgrade all your services and your price will likely decrease for a year.

8. JayVols

My Verizon suggestion might not be viable with data limits and all.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Perhaps you deal with DSL for 2 months then return with the new customer deal.

10. kidbourbon

For DSL and a land line? What, couldn't find somebody to kick you right square in the [penis] instead?

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm only watch sports on TV and the watch ESPN on ROKU plus my PLAY ON channel added gives me pretty much all of the sports networks.

I'm convinced that keeping the fast internet is the way to go. Screw the TV. That said, wife would lose her mind if I canned everything.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are said sports networks live and in acceptable quality?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Roku stuff is all HD. PlayOn has additional compression, but it's decent.

Roku was 99 and PlayOn license for life was like 60. If it sucks, throw it away or watch netflix, amazon and Hulu.

Roku includes SEC digital.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is PlayON legit and not something I'll have to worry with gubmit shutdown? Although, I guess with just 60 bucks it's worth the gamble.

15. kidbourbon

All VZ's DSL plans come with at least a 1 year contract. I could call and see what rates they can offer me sans contract, but I haven't really wanted to do that.

16. kidbourbon

ESPN is literally the only thing keeping cable companies alive. I bet I've heard "...but they don't have ESPN" 50+ times.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

problem is ESPN is dead set on not letting people watch their stations without a cable contract. of course you can always borrow someone else's login. personally i'm keeping cable just because i'm too lazy.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

BPV, do you stream AMC? Doesn't look like Roku or PlayOn has it.

20. JayVols

It's a cell line: 4G- faster than DSL.

Plus, the USB thingy is portable.