Comcast is just mercilessly mercilessly sodomizing me

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Mar 4, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Call me old fashioned, but if I ever get hitched, girl is taking my name. Not negotiable.

2. kidbourbon

Be more specific.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

You being an ******* and making me laugh.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Won't work with AT&T, probably. They do credit checks right?

5. kidbourbon

And if you think the above is in any way shape or form "pushing the envelope", you should see some of the stuff I worked into official, publicly -accessible documents when I worked for the government. Me and two other guys would have contests where we'd come up with a word or phrase and whoever worked it into an "office action" (as they were called) first won. I never lost. If I have a skill in the world, it's the ability to work in basically anything short of flat-out obscenity seamlessly into any document, no matter the level of formality. If I ever write a Supreme Court brief, I'll take requests from members of the 8th.

6. kidbourbon

Normally I would have, but I just didn't think the initial line was strong enough to follow-up on. Next time, though.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No clue. She has good credit though.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I thank you in advance.

:hi:

9. fl0at_

You can give it a shot. And I drop off the old equipment and then the new equipment gets setup when a tech comes out. So the obvious downside is that you have to set up all your DVR recordings again, and you lose anything on your DVR.

You can also have Comcast send you a box with a UPS label to return equipment, if you don't want to go physically drop it off.

10. fl0at_

That's pretty good.

Do you have to use "exemplary embodiment" in patent writing? Because it uses it a lot.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Must be a middle TN bias.

I've never had any issues with em.
    That said, they better pick up the SEC deal.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I legitimately feel sorry for all of you. Soon I'll be in the boat with you.

13. kidbourbon

Yes. Everything is just an example of the invention. Nothing is ever really the invention. Same idea with the word "may". It may do this or it may do that or it may be capable of performing a rusty trombone, but in some embodiments is may perform the dirty sanchez. At the end of every patent, you'll find a set of "claims". That's what defines your scope of exclusion. The reason for all the "may" and "exemplary" in the specification is to avoid boxing yourself in when it comes time to write, and/or amend the claims. You wanna have freedom to be able to claim peformance of either the dirty sanchez or the rusty trombone, and so you would never ever write in the specification a word like "required". The invention is never required to perform a dirty sanchez, but in some exemplary embodiments it may cause the area above your lips to become a bit smellier.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I just picked a random switch day. Called a few weeks before and told them I'd be moving and to shut of my service then. Gave them my parent's house for the new address and told them to send my final bill there. A few days later wife calls and tells them she is moving into to our place the day after my shut off date. New boxes and all that stuff are a part of the deal. Service guy isn't going to remember as this is done like once every two years and odds are super low it would be the same guy, anyway.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I got the wife's official approval last night. When I told her as of now Dish will have SEC Network and DirecTV won't she said, "Uh, yeah, we're going to change."

I love her.

16. kidbourbon

Do they ask for SSN? I may just do that, and pay my dad in advance and use his credit card.

If they don't ask for SSN, could one just do that with a prepaid debit card (like the ones you buy at 7-11 and put money on) and a phony name?

17. kidbourbon

Warm fuzzies brought to you by the SEC network.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

She's owes you a few for those healthy cookies...

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I know it's principal here, but this is important in your life. I'll pay the premi for my Internet service and access to sports to be badass.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can't remember if they need a social.