Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Relics

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Let me guess, Billy the Kid has a kid he didn't know about.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How will we meme without it?

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anyone watched the Snyder Cut yet? Apparently really is that good?

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The first hour has been terrible. May force myself through it but it's just as bad as the original so far.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i've heard it's better. i'm just not into DC enough to invest 4 hours

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Waiting to binge it and BvS together this weekend. I was going to tonight, but I wound up doing other things.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, the Snyder Cut is good. It's not a perfect movie. It drags a bit, and there are some plot problems that are present in a lot of comics movies. Oh, and Zach Snyder directed it, so it takes itself a little too seriously. It's still not the MCU with DC characters. If someone is crazy enough to expect that, they deserve to be disappointed.

All that said, it is vastly superior to the original. It is definitely a different movie. It took longer than I thought it would to get to a scene that was carried over, and changing the score shifted the tone for most of the ones that did. The characters were handled much better. Flash and Cyborg are both more fleshed out and enjoyable to watch, Cyborg in particular. Flash doesn't get quite as much added backstory, but some subtle changes to the character cleaned up some problems I had in the original. Spoiler, gone is his landing on Wonder Woman's boobs in this one.

It doesn't end on as big of a cliffhanger as I was expecting based on early reports. It does go all in on setting up multiple sequels including a solo Batman movie and JL2.

Overall, It's much better than BvS, including the Ultimate Edition. I enjoyed it, and I'll repeat at some point. Although an improvement over the previous entry, It would never have worked in theaters because of the run length. There's stuff that could easily be cut and it not impact the movie significantly, but I don't know how much. You're still looking at three hours plus. Oh, and it's bloodier and more violent than the original if you are thinking about kids.

13. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Ace Ventura 3????? As if the Dumb and Dumber sequel wasn’t bad enough.

justingroves likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't talk myself into spending 3 and a half hours on it, especially knowing there isn't going to be a follow up

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a full 4.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Marvel made some crappy movies before they got their stuff together but it's disappointing DC won't or can't follow their lead.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I ended up watching it last night. I also thought it was better. Might’ve been better served to use 2 movies on it.

18. CardinalVol

Watched Godzilla vs Kong last night.

If you are in need of a mindless, no plot, watch two CGI monsters beat the crap out of each other and destroy a major world city in the process, then I cannot recommend this movie enough.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a good 1 sentence review, because it also tells me who doesn't need to watch it without being negative. I give your movie reviewing 5 stars.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

It's just entertaining. Acting is terrible. Plot is awful. Predictable as can be. Cheesy as heck. But it's entertaining. And that was all I wanted.