Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Saw the Lone Ranger, thought it was pretty good.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I enjoyed the Austin Powers trilogy.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, it was good enough. I understand some of the criticism it's gotten, but it was enjoyable.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The first two were great, but the third was a bit tiring by the time it ended.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

6. OrangeEmpire

7. OrangeEmpire

Killing me waiting on Pacific Rim........Tuesday at 11 :)

The boy and I have been trailer and exclusived out.

Bring on Gipsy Danger weilding a cargo ship for a baseball bat!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Along the comics movies line of thought, anyone else think a movie or a trilogy covering Marvel's Secret Wars series would be amazing?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm predicting bomb on that one, but I could be wrong. I've no clue as to the source material.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You know it's the re-imaged Alan Scott version and not Hal Jordan (or one of the several that followed)for Green Lantern?

I kind of thought there was already a gay version of Spiderman in the greater Marvel universe.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw Pacific Rim. Very enjoyable if you can maintain your suspension of disbelief. Visually original. Like seeing a Japanese mecha anime in live action. Would recommend for anyone who enjoys action or disaster movies with a less than serious tone.

12. MWR

MWR Contributor

Yep, it could even be epic.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you guys ever just marvel at the state of special effects now? There is no limit to what they can do. If someone can imagine it, they can do it and make it look authentic.

14. JayVols

Secret Wars is by far my favorite comic "mini-series". It was really really good. Or at least I thought so as a 13 year-old kid. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan (not the new gay one- I know this crowd). This series is where Spidey first got his black suit that turned out to be an alien symbiote trying to permanently graft itself to Peter Parker just like it did to Eddie Brock creating Venom. Parker didn't get the "suit" from a meteor like in the Spider-Man 3 movie. In the Marvel universe, he got it at the end of Secret Wars thinking he was using an alien machine to produce a new suit because his had been ripped to shreds. Reid Richards sent him to use the machine. Spidey used the wrong one.

For the younger folks that might not be familiar with Secret Wars :
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars

I was only familiar with the 1984 series. I didn't know about the 2004 series or whether it's a different story line or just has updated artwork of the original story.

God I feel like a geek. I don't care. I still love my Marvel Comics heroes even if I haven't bought s comic in over 25 years.

Yes MWR, a Secret Wars movie could be epic.

15. JayVols

I do. It's amazing.

16. OrangeEmpire

Imo, it will have a strong international box office showing.

Hopefully, it will go the route of Batman Begins and have a massive bluray/download following.

17. OrangeEmpire

I believe that you are correct, but it is not an open character?

By that, I mean, a massive campaign to express his lifestyle

18. OrangeEmpire

Every thing I have read is that it is a homage to the japanese monster films and the characters are straight anime.

My buddies and reviews I have read had all said the same thing. This spectacle is something to enjoy and that you could really see Del Toro sitting next you to eating popcorn laughing with excitement like a little one.

19. OrangeEmpire

+1

I flat out enjoy being a kid again.

I enjoy it even more now that I can share stuff with my boys.

My oldest is starting to get Lord of the Rings crazy, frackin awesome!

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can see that happening as well. I just think it's still a little crowded at the box office right now. It's not a month ago, but this has been a fairly big summer.