Cordarrelle Patterson

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 16, 2013.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sorry. I won't keep it real anymore. I'll just hate everything by default.

3. JayVols

Did you lose your Y chromosome?

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Horrible horrible post.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Ha. No. My Y chromosome grows weary of the endless [itch bay]ing, a fair amount of which is backed up by little of substance, which ironically enough is something I tend to associate with the lack of a Y chromosome.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

my issues aren't about talent. My issues are about the gameplanning and execution. We had several of the worst offensive gameplans available to us this year against particular teams and none of them were the same. That crap is absurd.

The talent gap isn't worth a discussion when talking about games like Vandy and the garbage that littered the east.

I'm surprised you think there is no substance behind why several here think our coordinators have no business coaching at this level.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If I wanted to hear an *******, I would have farted.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Jancek I agree 100% on. He and Wille got their asses fired with an NFL farm team. I just think the jury is out on Bajakian. There were a couple of games for sure I'd have approached differently. But i'd still like to see what it looks like with some players. Even against Vandy. Tried throwing it early and threw 2 first quarter picks. Hard to blame going into a shell in that one, and still should've won without a dumb penalty wiping off a TD. The fake field goal was all-time bad though. As far as execution, man, players can make that look a hell of a lot better.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The offense was great at times. It was also mediocre and terrible at times.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's out racing a cheetah or smoking Clay Travis' meat pole. Give him time.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jancek took over the worst defense in UT history, speaking of not having talent.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think Bajakian's plans last year were much worse. He did exactly the opposite of what one would think a decent offensive plan might have been. The Missouri gameplan was the worst plan I've ever seen. Continuing with the reach block read "no" option was hard-headed, stupid and clearly showed winning wasn't the agenda.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

The guy had some good offenses at Cincy, and I get Big East and all that, but at some point football is football, and if he was that completely clueless he'd have failed there, too. It's not like bad coaches don't fail at that level. And in year 1 you're trying to put your thing in. If it's not markedly better this coming season I'll be on the Fire Bajakian train too.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaney is a good offensive mind, but was terrible at scheming against a defense, if that makes sense.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You can't beat Chaney at talking football, but Bray catching fire his freshman year killed his mindset at calling plays. He had a big play or bust mentality, and never emphasized the short to intermediate game.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

17. JayVols

You're confusing [itch bay]ing and observation.

We'll talk later. In a tourney.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not sure Bray could do it.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If I had wanted to become immediately dumber after reading a post, I would have read the one where you conclude that we had a talented offense last year and toss out wildly overrated linemen and Pig Freaking Howard as support for your conclusion.

I mean, ayfkm?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator