COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not zero, in some places.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have capacity for more. Though conditions aren't great (like China).

zehr27 likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, it's not far from home for me

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The grandmother of my cousin’s husband was taken to the hospital with a positive test from that nursing home. I’m sure it’s a very scary situation for them.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sort of seems like an MIT issue.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

University research is prioritized based on generating profitable IP. This isn't, by the very nature of the problem.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Liberty University is about to be in a mess. Reopened, but now have a dozen students with possible symptoms.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And to think, some don’t like me calling clearly retarded people retarded.

9. Tenacious D

IP likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we should let the govt handle this and come up with a solution in 2024. [uck fay] private companies

11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You completely misunderstand things on a regular basis and get mad about it.

13. Ssmiff

not mad in the least. Am I misunderstanding you want privatization out of medicine and want govt to control it all instead?

14. Tenacious D

There is nothing - nothing - that the United States Navy cannot do, anytime, anywhere.

I wish they’d let y’all see the immensity of effort that it took to so quickly outfit, stock, stack and gotten those two hospital ships underway toward NY & LA. Those crews have been non-stop “turning to” for days.

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  15. Tenacious D

I honestly don’t know what you’re [itch bay]ing about here, SSMIFF.

If anything, this is a perfect example - a perfect example - of how the government and private enterprise should be working together.

Why shit on it to make some vague point of complete inconsequence?

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. Tenacious D

Maybe it will help to see that this was pushed along:

Call it a friendly nudge.

IP likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This kind of moment is EXACTLY what governments are for. Same as post Pearl Harbor, Twin Towers, etc.

18. Ssmiff

ip posted a retweet of a Bernie comment in regards to blaming private companies for stalled efforts for products, due to them being worried about $ vs govt worried about the crisis. I think that's bullshit, especially considering the millions of dollars the govt requires from pharma and medical companies to bring a product to market.

the fda speeding up their process is great. And has been needed a long, long time in regards to medical and pharma.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, you misunderstand. I think you mean "you want deprivatization" but you still misunderstand. It's about security and flexibility, no different than manufacturing. I want a public option. I want a public universal system. I also want private companies, private practices, etc. Make a floor, and let private industry find new ceilings.

20. Tenacious D

“We will stop at nothing to protect the People of our country in their hour of need.”