COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd be sure and talk to someone. And call the Small Business Administration. Shake the tree, it is yours to shake.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The director of WHO is from a country that China is investing in extremely heavily and has very questionable ties to China.

Explains why WHO drug their feet and down played the virus and was quick to criticize those acting like it was a major issue.

They've also fell all over themselves on throwing congratulations at China for how they handled it too.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It is, but they are going to go quickly. On an average of 250K loan, less than 5% of small businesses are going to be approved.

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

IMO there's a scenario where the Trump administration bears some responsibility. But I would never accuse him of having blood on his hands with certainty.

I also recognize there's a scenario where Trump acts the way I want him too and it has little impact on the final numbers.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

looks like you can get forgivable loans

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then we need to do more. Small businesses are the American dream.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Trump didn't get the testing we need ordered in February and called it a hoax. He deserves plenty of blame. But let's deal with the facts on the ground right now. It's not like his peers in Europe got out ahead of this either.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is all shades of gray. I hope more energy is put into preparing for the next time, so there won't be one.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i just looked at the paperwork you need to fill out and seriously don't think it's worth my time

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there may be things we don't know. I think Xi gave assurances about this not being a big deal to save face, and many leaders for some inexplicable reason actually believed them and acted accordingly.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Saving face is a frustrating part of Asian culture, imo.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

As in i can get a loan and not pay it back?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw somewhere that Wuhan locals estimate the number of deaths to be two to three times higher than official numbers, which sounds about right to get it in line with deaths per case elsewhere

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you meet certain conditions.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah up to your payroll for 4 months if i'm reading it properly.

16. CardinalVol

2.5 times payroll for the average payroll of the 12 previous months

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The hoax part just isnt true. He was at a rally and called out the people politicizing it as their next hoax to pin on him, which has proven to be true for some, but didnt call the virus a hoax.

Seems to me cdc and fda should be held more accountable for not being prepared than the president, who they are advising on every move.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh. why do you think loans aren't going to get approved?

19. CardinalVol

Because there is 349B.

SBA is expecting loans to average 250K.

There is a hierarchy to who gets loans first.

droski likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree with most of that. But he did use the term hoax for people saying that he needed to take action. Who cares if they were politically motivated? They were right. Then Fox News spends a month telling their boomer audience not to take it seriously.