COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suspect the heat increasing in the East has meant more people congregating indoors into the AC, and creating more favorable transmission environments. I don't know if it has been studied or not thoroughly, but UV light in the HVAC system might have some benefit-- people have been doing it, but not everywhere. It is an easy and relatively affordable thing. This has always been a numbers game and little differences can add up to an R0 that makes a difference

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We looked at putting a UV bulb in our home HVAC when we had some work done on the system. Was going to be a $400 bulb that had to be replaced every year for each unit.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My parents were all about getting vaccinated, and now have decided not to. I don’t get it, especially since my grandfather died of it right after Christmas and half the family got sick at the time. Nearly killed an aunt too.

Grandmother got it as soon as she could

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was thinking of public spaces more than the home. They were going to charge us 1500 bucks to put one in our system, and I passed. I bet I could get what I need and figure it out for a lot less.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a silly thing to leave to chance.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just inject some bleach into it

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's weird. My whole side of the family is vaccinated. Granddad died from complications caused by COVID, so even though its not recorded as a COVID death, it absolutely was. My Aunt has gone full fauxvid and has convinced my Grandmother not to get a shot despite seeing first hand what it did to her husband. I haven't seen her since the funeral since my kids can't get vaccinated yet. I think it will take a long time for some families to heal after all this.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's so perplexing.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Other than stupidity, I cannot give you another reason 99.9% of the non-vaccinated don't get it.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can understand why those who have had covid don't want to get vaccinated.
    Others don't do any vaccinations
    I can also understand why some don't push their kids to get it, but again don't find fault with those who do or don't. It's their choice

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Find someone selling a reme halo system, they're a little more but damn maintenance free

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The really good lights cost about 500 up 650

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think I've reached the point where if you haven't been vaccinated, whatever. But if you haven't been and get sick then the entire cost is on you.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

when do we start holding willfully unvaccinated people financially accountable for who they infect that can't be vaccinated or otherwise are more vulnerable?

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

In this case you'd have to prove who you got infected from, which seems impossible to definitively prove.

justingroves likes this.
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My best friend just tested positive for covid and has been fully vaccinated since February.

He got lucky with conjunctivitis being his first symptom.

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Seems to be more common by the day, know multiple people now who have.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's math. without herd immunity, vaccines on an individual level are not as effective.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah he’s a veterinarian and been working for a week and a half with it.

he said he’s exposed around 500 people but thought it was just a sinus infection since he was vaccinated.

His wife and kids actually had the virus after he was vaccinated and they’ve not reinfected yet from him.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's really interesting. if conjunctivitis is the only symptom, he may not be as contagious.