COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s not his only symptom now.

Increasing symptoms is what caused him to be tested.

I’d say he has the delta strain since he had the Pfizer vaccine and my wife has told me she’s getting CE with it not holding up well to the delta strain.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Not before the EUA becomes an approval.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would be 100% for that too if I thought it were practical. I know how it could conceivably be done, I just don't know if it's practical to do so.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's going to be a covid inferno in the south this fall

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Seems like I'm hearing more and more about fully vaccinated people testing positive for covid.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is expected, mathematically, as more people are vaccinated and the vaccine is not 100% effective against infection and the virus continues to circulate as we are not at herd immunity. in fact, it was certain. and will continue so long as vaccination rates stay low. some have said that if the level of misinformation and skepticism existed with the polio vaccine, it would still be around today.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If there were no vaccine, I imagine we would either be in, or about to enter, a shitstorm worse than late fall-early winter

Edit: Guess IP already said something similar

8. Ssmiff

I thought we were being told the vaccine was working as protection from the new variants. Maybe I'm mistaken

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

10. Ssmiff

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You can keep the tight end and fullback in to pass pro but sometimes the QB can still get sacked

emainvol and SetVol13 like this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is the general risk of folks seeking herd immunity from catching the virus. Every new infection is an additional risk of a variant emerging and each variant has the potential to be more evasive.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

if a vaccine is 60% effective for an individual, 40% of the time it isn't. you are applying sex panther logic, where 60% of the time it works every time. it is why as many people as possible need to be vaccinated for it to work, because the 60% compounds to higher levels of protection for the population as a whole. this is why herd immunity matters

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Keeping someone from being exposed is not what a vaccine does. It isn't a barrier. It isn't a ball. It isn't a bag.

A vaccine is a prep, to the immune system, so that the next time the immune system sees an antigen, it can ramp up antibody's against the antigen, quickly, before the antigen, in this case a virus, really establishes a hold on the body and starts massively reproducing.

The goal of this vaccination is to prevent SERIOUS illness. Not infection. A new case, that just has the sniffles, is a win for this vaccine. It's even more of a win if the person isn't contagious enough to produce high enough viral numbers to get past other people's innate immunity.

SetVol13 and emainvol like this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ron Paul was tweeting about 100 people in Washington state testing positive after being vaccinated

Well hell, like 4.3 million people have been vaccinated.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Meanwhile, how many unvaccinated have contracted it? I just struggle to understand these people's logic in how they are thinking.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There will end up being quite a few vaccinated who test positive the virus. There will end up being a few hundred vaccinated that die from complications due to COVID.

There are millions and hundreds of thousands across both data sets, without the vaccine.

People are idiots and think something should be 100%. And then other idiots parrot that idiocy, until we have a gigantic circle jerk of the uninformed uniforming.

There is a reason AI will never replicate humans. It is impossible to intelligently create something that passes off stupidity as intelligence.

emainvol likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

there is logic?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Okay, in fairness to Ron Paul, that tweet was from April 1 so the number is higher now, but the amount of people who had 2 shots at that point was way lower. And I have my doubts he was counting only fully vaxxed people then

It’s still dumb, and shows his ignorance