COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

how will you determine the significance threshold?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We can use data to project these sorts of things. We don't have to just wait til we hit that magic number.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no idea. I'm open to your input. At this point, the only answer we have in the thread is "1," so we're already off to a somewhat ridiculous start.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My wife just told me my sister, who just got a double mastectomy on advice of her doctor, told her that cedars (arguably the best hospital on the west coast) told her they were canceling all “elective” surgeries going forward. I don’t consider her surgery elective, but apparently they do.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

the people who do that have done so. they have been sounding the alarm for over a year. that's been the entire point of distancing, masks, and vaccines.

JayVols likes this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What number makes it statistically significant?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

"elective" just means it won't imminently kill you to not get it.

droski likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So do the actuals for delta thus far mirror the projections for delta, with regards to unnecessary deaths as a result of lack of hospital beds available because they're filled up with unvaccinated covid patients? What are those numbers?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

At least he was willing to say a number. You keep harping on numbers. Is the number really important to you? If Yes, then what is the number?

If No, then harping on a number is just a deflection.

JayVols likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

VD, I just said I don't know if I have an answer for you and ask you for your input.

Instead of arguing over what number is too many or statistically significant, maybe we could just start with what the number actually is and go from there? I've been told that number exists via simple google search, so it is completely baffling to me that it has not been posted yet.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No, harping on a number is an attempt to base my opinions on fact and reality rather than on one-offs and anecdotes.

The idea that at least 2 people in this thread think we should inject millions of people with something against their will to save 1 unnamed person from dying unnecessarily should scare people.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well 665K people have died in the US so...

SetVol13, JayVols and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am trying to figure out how a p value would apply to this. Background death rate? if so, Wowzers we need to shut it all down because that is WAY higher than average pre covid, even cutting out covid cause of death.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Who is forcing people to get the vaccine?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's sunny in Baltimore. My brick house is red.

Are we just posting random facts that don't really add anything to the conversation at hand?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

you can't directly track deaths due to lack of hospital deaths. that doesn't go on a coroner's report.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If that were the argument; 1 death verses vaccinating millions, then we could debate that and I might argue with you.

But that is not what we are talking about. We are talking about necessary deaths PLUS the totality of everything else being caused by the unvaccinated.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are you telling me that the number of people who have died unnecessarily as a result of hospitals being full with unvaccinated COVID patients doesn't exist/is unknown?

Then why have people been saying for pages that it's a simple google search away? I was mocked for not being able to find it myself.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How much work goes into your attempt to be a complete retard? You're asking how many people have to be affected to make these measures worth it and I give you the current body count (which I guess isn't high enough for your "open mind") and you ask what this adds to the conversation.

JayVols likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

a number definitely exists. the exact number will never be known. estimates and projections exist and are a Google search away. you still can't find anything about hospital capacity and related deaths?