COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bat market will never financially recover.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I can only imagine what Orson Wells/"War of the Worlds" could have done with the Twitter, Instagram, etc.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wait till the Chinese figure out how to infect chicken fingers.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Might be out of my depths here, but didn’t you very much experience the ramifications of misinformation and govt propaganda first hand with how we apparently staged the Gulf of Tonkin attack so we could better justify entering into the Vietnam War?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t think this bunch is a microcosm of the mainstream

justingroves likes this.
  6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think you’d have to do some word play to say it wasn’t gain of function if it came from the lab

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So then the lab was breaking US law, because that wasn't authorized. I'm not agreeing with your assertion, but that is what it would mean.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My stance has always been that a lab leak is the most plausible scenario, but that a lab leak doesn't mean bioweapon. Most of the noise in the spring of 2021 was Covid was a "bioweapon unleashed by Communist China to bring the west to its knees", while also shotgun blasting themself in the face apparently.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And it is worth noting that the bat coronaviruses in the Wuhan lab do not appear to be ancestral to COVID-19. But that doesn't disprove a lab leak or indicate a bat market origin. It just means that the most obvious expected chain of evidence for a lab leak didn't pan out.

(I wouldn't say a lab leak is the most plausible in my mind, I'd say I really have no way of knowing, to be clear)

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The modified mouse is with humanized cells so it can learn to infect humans.

so yeah I would say that’s gain of function

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it didn't start in Wuhan, I'd be more confident that it is natural. That was always a hell of coincidence, if it was one.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

especially when you add they weren’t selling bats or pangolins in the wet markets in Wuhan and the cluster in the market from reports seem to be that lab workers shopping in the markets was that’s source of the outbreak.

I think that’s why the FBI has stronger thoughts on it being a lab leak.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

for arguments sake, still could be right? Killed off those in their society who are sick and elderly and now not costing the system anymore. Crippled America. Art of War. Lose battles to win the war and whatnot. Surely some people in power are crazy enough.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What? No. Humanized mouse - Wikipedia

If that is gain-of-function, then much of US research on disease is gain-of-function. And it clearly isn't, since there are bodies that review these grants since 2014 and make that determination. It definitely isn't "so it can learn to infect humans."

If your claim is true, then all viral research right now is gain-of-function because humanized mice are a common tool.

Why humanized mice? (jax.org)

And still are using it, this is no secret: A humanized mouse model of chronic COVID-19 - PubMed (nih.gov)

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Could also be Aliens

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Johnson acted on poor intelligence escalating things. In 1964 I was too young. It was Nixon (his aide) sabotaging the Paris Peace talks and subsequent escalation/prolonging things that had personal ramifications for me.

I blame both tribes.

ole_orange likes this.
  19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

To the extent there was, maybe American media should have done some [dadgum] reporting and not just screamed “RACIST CONSPIRACY THEORY” as loud as they could.

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The deplorables believed in the lab leak, therefore it is racist and American media could not reasonably be expected to examine the evidence for it.