COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m talking about about summer travel, out in the air, and kids required to have covid shot and play in a mask under a helmet. Kids who are more likely to be in the hospital from injury after a game than from covid

2. Ssmiff

thank you for clarifying. Between incapable of understanding and child like reasoning, it’s a battle for me to keep up..

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s right around 1 out of 800 for a serious adverse incident for the MRNA vaccines for Covid.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep up? Your position hasn't changed since you predicted this would all be over in Spring of 2020. You simply don't get it and refuse to. I work with someone the same way. She's great. But the whole time it was all BS, and when her mom died of it she blamed the doctors for giving her the wrong medicine and it was the medicine that killed her.

But I am not going to just not say anything when claims are made that don't fit the facts.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If that trend holds for kids specifically that would far outweigh the risk of Covid issues for kids. But giving the vaccine to kids was never about their health, it was all just [dadgum] money.

6. Ssmiff

more untruths. Everybody’s position changed. I didn’t guarantee Jack shit. Nobody knew wtf was happening. You go out of your way to hold a message board poster, with no virus experience, to a higher standard than Fauci and others, which is telling of your childish reasoning. He can [uck fay] up daily under the guise of “changing science”, yet you want to bring up message board posts from 3 years ago as the virus started and insist people haven’t changed positions since.

ole_orange likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have seen that figure based on trials and vaers. So with 230 million fully vaccinated Americans, there should be between 287,500 and 575,000 serious adverse reactions. At least. Where are they?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That isn't how communicable disease works.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can dig back in this thread for the 4th time and remind you of what you said if you wish. Becoming an annual tradition.

10. Ssmiff

I know what I said early on. I was wrong. That’s the point. You remind me when you have the chance, yet Fauci has been wrong 10x the times and you haven’t admitted it once. Always going to bat for him, yet remind a message board poster. Some sort of psychosis thing you have to protect who you consider a peer. “He can be wrong. It’s science. You don’t understand. Hey but you were wrong 3 years ago. You aren’t a scientist so it counts..”

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a difference in making evidence and reason-based claims and being wrong, vs going with your gut and ignoring evidence. Further, many claims on what was wrong are demonstrably false or distorted. You were warned by me that the more it spread, the greater chance it would mutate and thwart immunity and attempts to control it with vaccines. Then you turn around and claim people lied about vaccines preventing it after complaining about all attempts to reduce spread. That's not him or science being wrong, that is YOU being wrong.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm still confused how we saw over a million people die from COVID, and everyone is pretending everything we did to attempt to keep people alive was theater. COVID was easily the deadliest event we've had in modern American history and people are acting like it was all a show.

13. Ssmiff

Saying kids shouldn’t have been vaccinated isnt for show. Saying they need to be masked up, stay at home and vaccinated multiple times is for show and money.

14. HCKevinSteele

I am increasingly critical of the response and the narrative(s) we were fed, which frequently turn out to be bullshit. And I could make a pretty compelling argument about how our response was a f**king tragic comedy show.

People have lost faith and I don’t blame them. Small family businesses have to close but big box stores can stay open. We have a vaccine! If you don’t get it you will lose your job. Shit. Actually it turns out the “vaccine” won’t protect you from getting Covid and also won’t prevent you from spreading Covid. But hey look at this hot economy isn’t that something! We’re gonna print a [uck fay] ton of money and give it all to rich people and then let them decide if it makes sense to give it to you or just keep it all for themselves. Damn, they kept it for themselves, who would have seen that coming. Now inflation is getting real bad but it’s totaling not because of the money we printed and the fact that monopolies are price gouging the shit out if you. Hey bad news guys, this inflation was the money printing after all, we’re just gonna have to intentionally wreck the economy so people lose their jobs and demand goes down. That’s the only way forward. Also, you know that vaccine that doesn’t really work? Well even though we just pulled off the greatest heist in American history marketing and selling it, nobody is buying it anymore but we need to keep our money printer on so we’re raising the price 100x.

ole_orange likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

“if you get the vaccine, you won’t get covid.” Your president said this. Media said this. Don’t put that on me. “You don’t need a mask.” Fauci said this. “You need a mask.” Fauci said this. But he’s a scientist so it’s ok spit untruths

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

No no no. “The masks don’t work” messaging initially was only a noble lie according to Lord Fauci. That’s different

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The "need a mask" vs "don't need a mask" thing was early on. I think that was more of his being rushed to say something. The information climate was shifting quickly when all of this broke out, and people were clamouring for answers.

18. Ssmiff

Again it’s ok for the main man to be wrong because he was “rushed” or “things change”, but message boarder is held more accountable. Makes me laugh at the lengths people will go to defend

19. HCKevinSteele

Also, as far as I’m concerned I’ll attribute all the good work and heroic efforts to the character and worth ethic of great Americans.

Our government’s primary function is to allow for the further enrichment of billionaires and massive corporations. We might like to think that function would be put aside during the deadliest event in modern American history but it didn’t happen and anyone who thinks it’s possible for anything to take priority over that function right now is really naive.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You're still hung up on closing schools. What was a good solution? Kids aren't at schools by themselves, there are teachers, administrators, lunchroom staff, janitorial staff etc. In short, a huge number of vulnerable people work in the same schools that kids go to. While kids largely seemed to be visibly unaffected, I know of several healthy kids who died in my area. But even if none died, kids are a huge spreader of every and all disease. To keep schools open would be to further increase risk on some of the same people dying the most. Have we already forgotten how most hospitals were full and over capacity with the number of covid patients they could handle. Where they had to turn away people suffering from COVID and non-COVID issues because they were flooded with the sick and dying and had no room or capacity to treat people? Closing schools was an easy call to make and certainly the right one in even hindsight until widespread vaccination occurred. The only way closing schools was a bad decision is if you decided the inconvenience of required school catchup due to decreased learning during the virtual school year was greater than the lives of an additional tens of thousands who might have died had schools remained open. You're thought process oftentimes comes across as we did X and Y happened. I don't like X we should have done Z while assuming that Y still happens. There are no independent variables.