COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Did I read correctly that WHO is saying kids didn’t/don’t need a covid shot? Little too late if so. What a mess.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Doubtful.

3. Ssmiff

true

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not really. The WHO said the revision was due to the level of worldwide high level of immunity which has developed by now. It's a reflection of the current status of the disease, so it isn't unusual, at all.

5. Ssmiff

The push to vaccinate healthy kids due to this virus was always horseshit. People lined up like sheep and just accepted everything as accurate and truthful. Here, yes with a new barely studied shot, I want you to shoot it in my 6 year old.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

PSA: Kids are more likely to be gunned down in the lunchroom at school that die or suffer adverse impacts from the COVID vaccine.

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, what is the issue? The disease is more likely to hurt them than the shot. How are we not past this when billions have received it and are fine?

8. Unimane

Gotta keep the narrative burning.

9. Ssmiff

If that narrative is the one about healthy kids being at extremely low risk from covid, then yes let’s continue.
    If it’s the narrative that says “if you get the vaccine, you won’t get covid.”, as people lined up kids up in fear, let’s just forget they said it and it happened.

10. Unimane

You are just repeating the chatter, the noise, especially after insinuating the WHO changed their minds on the vaccine when it's really just the evolution of its necessity in the timeline of the virus. You interpreted the update incorrectly and then stated your misunderstanding was part of a long pattern of confusion. I think the baseline ideas surrounding the vaccine have been pretty consistent and understandable in relation to the nature of a chaotic world wide event.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m not a tinfoil hat person at all. Got my 2 shots. If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn’t have. And I’m not proud that I coaxed family into getting them by telling them things I believed were true that turned out to be bullshit.

What else might we learn is bullshit down the road? I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say hey let’s wait a while before we say with absolute certainty that these vaccines did more harm than good for little kids.

warhammer likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would the evidence of more good than harm look like to you?

The tech behind the shot is decades old. It has now been through more human subjects than any historical vaccine had in over 10 years. If there was a significant problem, it would be apparent. And what would be the causal agent? I don't think the fears can be rational if there is no describable causal agent OR observed phenomenon.

I have had 4 shots. I never had COVID. My parents had 3 and when they got it, it was mild. I know people who didn't and had loved ones die.

The biggest complications with vaccines involve how an immune system can over-respond, not with something particular with the mechanism or ingredient in the shot itself.

13. Ssmiff

Have your own kids and take them in for the booster every year. Every month. Every week if the govt tells you. Don’t care.
    Don’t tell me my kid needs a vaccine,, can’t enter buildings or play sports without them, then soon after say oops never mind don’t worry about it. Shit has evolved and kids are ok now.
    What a joke.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t regret getting it, mainly because I had to have it to travel.

warhammer likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

im talking about healthy kids. We tried to force it on them and took them out of school. Suicides during that time took more life’s of teens than covid

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kids need vaccines, smiff. The polio and measles days were very bad. While covid vaccines are not to that level of urgency, the concepts are the same and your conception of "okay now" and "need it" are wild simplifications to make actionable advice for people, not the underlying analysis of the situation.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Conflating different things. The suicides were spiking before a vaccine was even available.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was talking about me

19. Ssmiff

kids didn’t need and don’t now need a covid vaccine.

ole_orange likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did shutting schools down play a part in that?