Cuonzo Keeping Up.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Oct 2, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

UT appears to be perfectly positioned to get Nichols. That's good, because Kentucky appears poised to reap another talent avalanche. They're in on a gaggle of top 15 talent. The first rocks may fall Thursday, when the Harrison twins choose between UK and Maryland.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Exciting times ahead. What uk has been doing is simply unprecedented in college basketball. Cuonzo is at least putting us in the conversation. With more continuity and somewhat comparable talent, we should be in a position to compete.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Any guesses where the Harrison twins go?

4. hatvol96

Their moving the announcement up indicates UK to me. It allows them to commit before James Young, who many people believe they don't want to play with, visits for Big Blue Madness. Their father seems to favor Maryland, but I think the kids win out.

5. hatvol96

UK is in a position to grab a class that is the equal of any Cal has previously assembled.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I should preface this post by saying that I don't really follow recruiting outside of UT anymore, but I haven't heard of any dominant prospects in this year's class besides the Parker kid. Cal's '09 class was just sick

7. hatvol96

I'm talking about how the class will stack up to the competition. If Andrew Wiggins reclassifies and Cal can convince the Harrisons and Young they can coexist, UK would be in a position to sign 7 of the 10-15 best players in the class.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

They are big UA guys and Maryland is a UA school, will be interesting to see if shoe company wins out.

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Julius Randle is a beast, watched him at the Peach Jam. Kasey Hill from Montverde will be a super fast PG for Florida. Jabari Parker out of Chicago might be the best.

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Wiggins was a flash for CIA Bounce at the Peach Jam... Crazy athletic.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

CCM is impressing on the recruiting trail. Can't wait to see how well he does when UT grabs some spotlight in the future.

12. hatvol96

James Young is announcing his college choice tomorrow. Could be another top 10-15 recruit for Cal

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

According to sources Nichols is UT bound.

14. Beechervol

I saw that too.

Whats left for Martin to go after that he would take?

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I imagine he would take JW3, but I'm pretty sure that possibility flew out the window a few weeks ago.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Nichols is going to Memphis Madness. Not sure if that means anything.

17. Beechervol

Supposedly he is not going public til after his UT visit.

18. hatvol96

I don't think it is anything to worry about.

19. hatvol96

Young to Kentucky.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well... Crud. It has gotten to the point that playing for Cal is like another All American-like honor.