Cuonzo Keeping Up.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Oct 2, 2012.

1. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Even Cal might swallow hard if Zo brings that class in.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Skeptical myself, but agree it would be huge for Martin. Landing him and Nichols would send Memphis fans into a full blown rage...

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus. Could you imagine?

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Maybe I am looking at this wrong, but if that happened along with Nichols, it would be the kind of class that would be number 1 if Kentucky wasn't pulling in one of the best of all time, correct?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Florida is putting together an excellent class. So is Kansas.

6. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Several of the sports writers here seem to think there is a lot better chance of Memphis landing Nichols than even two weeks ago. I don't really know how credible they are or how big of homers they are for Memphis, but they seem to think something has changed.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If he can close on Nichols that is going to be so sweet...I'm not even sure what I would do if he got both Nichols and JWIII.

8. TennTradition

Do Nichols and JWIII dislike each other?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I do think it's a bit disconcerting that the Williams chatter starts coming up, considering that it doesn't appear Nichols and Williams want to play together. I still have a hard time believing that Nichols is really going to end up at Memphis. These last second flirtations that arise on the internet seem more about drumming up suspense than actual interest and that seems to be the case for both Williams and Nichols. I have no real inside knowledge on this, but, judging by typical recruiting patterns, anything other than Nichols to the Vols and Williams to G'Town would surprise me.

And, yes, a lot of those Memphis guys are homers who hate UT.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't think so. I was under the impression that they don't see themselves both starting on the same team.

11. TennTradition

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Looks like he is going to land Marcus Lee if you read the tea leaves. bleh.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is it basketball season yet?

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think that chatter in Memphis was staged by some of his AAU coaches to try and build a little drama. Seemed to have died back to G'Town today.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, Nichols to UT still?

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think so.

I think Nichols and co have deployed operation misdirection to build the drama for the ESPN announcement, much like Hat mentioned prior.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Lee to Kentucky. Don't get too upset, oski. That turn of events may get you Aaron Gordon.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

if JW comes to, watch out.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Yes!! Best time of the year!

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't expect to be able to compete with kentucy, but that would be awesome.