Cuonzo Keeping Up.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Oct 2, 2012.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

They had plenty on him when he was at Memphis but the NCAA doesnt have subpoena power and they couldnt get anyone to talk about it on the record. Cal keeps the people in the know from talking publicly.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He has been smart enough to keep the right people satisfied to keep them from talking, that is for certain.

Have you ever heard the rumors of him having a cocaine habit?

3. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Rob Lewis on Volquest says he's hearing that Nichols will still take a visit to Auburn but that the visit went very good this weekend.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The Auburn visit was moved to accomodate his stop at Midnight Madness in Memphis. He's a classy kid from a good family. He made a promise to an AAU coach who has been good to him. He's honoring that obligation. I think the staff did an excellent job with the visit this weekend. I'll be very surprised if UT isn't the ultimate choice.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Excellent news. What do you think about Nichols' father's comments about the offense? I know UT plays tough D but the offense is usually pretty wide open and the players have a lot of freedom

6. hatvol96

As I said earlier, I think that is dad's way of saying he would choose Duke if he were making the decision. He went on to make it abundantly clear that Austin would be the one making the decision. Tennessee was very post oriented last year because that's what the personnel dictated. A motion offense is what its players make it. Nichols will be fine here.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So in other words he's the anti-Harrison Smith's daddy?

9. hatvol96

I think he's acting as a parent should in the recruiting process. He gives his input, but lets his son make the call.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Everyone saw Mark Nichols's pre-visit comments as a negative. Except Cuonzo, who saw it as an opportunity:

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great work by the staff

12. hatvol96

Dooley would have had his mother attack Mark Nichols on Finebaum's show.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Like I said, he's anti-Harrison Smith's daddy.

14. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

No, if he had one then he kept it under wraps. A good friend of mine and his family helped take care of Cals family while he was gone and I heard a lot of things but cocaine was never mentioned.

15. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

So hat, on a scale of 1-10...where would you rate the visit for AN this week with 1 being bad for TN and 10 being as good as it could get.

16. hatvol96

A solid 8.

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

About what I expected. You're right about the Auburn visit too. He is just doing a favor for Mike Miller's brother. I think Auburn is his last visit as well. I would expect him to wait until close to signing day to make a public announcement.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know if intentional, but I laughed.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The cocaine stuff sounds like silly talk, by the way. like he's Tony Montana or something.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You would be surprised at some of the people that have drug problems. I'd have never guessed