Dan Mullen

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 19, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think beggars can look a mullen in the mouth. Jmo. Obviously he isn't top of the list, but when is the last time the list was really a factor in the outcome?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe Mullen is Notre Dame or NFL bound soon anyways.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

According to wiki he is the HFC at Tennessee.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He's told people he wants a shot at the NFL

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If it's on the internet, it must be true.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Who wouldn't? You make a shit ton of money for three years, then have "NFL coach" on your resume to help get an even bigger job than he has now when he gets kicked back to college.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If the NFL is really what he's after I think Tennessee (and probably a bunch of other jobs he's supposedly declined) would be much better launching points.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I liked him, too. Now, he seems sort of like Muschamp to me...the genie's out of the bottle.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hard for me to believe he will get an nfl job given the nature of his offense.

10. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He's by far the 2nd best coach in the conference

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Given the scarcity of pocket quarterbacks coming out of college, would it be good to get a coach that can handle these new QBs?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I dont' think the nfl believes in running qbs and probably rightfully so given how an injury can torpedo your season. I think he'd have to win the SEC to have a legit chance of someone giving him an nfl job.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm in late but I like the idea of hiring Dan Mullen. I appreciate the "what has he done" comments but I fall more into the line of thought of how many people can do what he's done at Mississippi State. If he wasn't a miserable son of a [itch bay] and a pariah in the coaching world he'd already be at a top program. I'd like to think that Currie can go get a whale, but if you gave me the choice of Mullen or the mystery box I'm riding with Mullen.