Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 12, 2012.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I guarantee there well be a spinoff.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I heard Nolan was just paid a lot to put his name on the new Superman, but then I saw he's writing part of it, so I'm not really sure what to think. Practically everything he has touched has been absolute gold. I'm generally no fan of comic book movies, but I loved this trilogy, and The Dark Knight is one of my all time favorites. I'll have to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt.

This movie was crazy unrealistic, and I was more than willing to suspend that disbelief for 3 hours. It seemed like I spent 2+ hours thinking "there's no way he can find a good way to find a satisfying ending to this," or "it will be impossible to tie all of this off," but he kept doing it. This was a movie with an unrealistic plot, a bunch of flashbacks, references to comic books, cameo appearances, and a bad guy and a hero who were hard to understand clearly at times, and I was still able to follow it and love it for almost three hours. That's the Nolan effect.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yes to everything except Anne Hathaway sucks. My hatred for her is so deep that it is irreversible regardless of actual acting performance at this point. Also, the new vehicle is ****ing retarded. I would say more as to why, but don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it. But seriously, it's retarded.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Disagree on new vehicle. We shall revisit this after a week or two so we don't spoil anything.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, if you don't find Anne Hathaway attractive, you might need to go to Straight Camp.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe Hathaway signed a 3 movie deal

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He said he hated her, never said he wouldn't

8. InVolNerable

Bingo.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Obviously you've never had a multi-billion dollar budget to build things

10. InVolNerable

I apologize for having a dissenting opinion. I hope I will still get my invite to the "In" luncheon once dates are finalized.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Your case is under review, per sources

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My observations:

I thought it was good. I don't have deep comic book roots, so I'm not as hard to please as some comic book folks are. It was entertaining, and that's all I ask. Don't think it was better than the 2nd one. Joker was just so good.

After playing Arkham City and seeing this movie, Catwoman is HOT.

Possibly my favorite part: as I was leaving, a group of kids were talking about how unbelievable they thought it was that Catwoman got on the motorcycle and was instantly good at it. I thought it hilarious that cracking an uncrackable safe, all the acrobatics, jumping off a building, et al, that was all fine, but riding a motorcycle well was too unbelievable.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Riding a motorcycle like that, with no previous possible experience, is a lot harder to believe than her being a master thief and having a background in gymnastics. I agree with the kids.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

She can ride my motorcycle.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

She is a beautiful woman, for sure.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

First time I ever got on a motorcycle I jumped over fifteen buses. True story.

17. InVolNerable

First time I ever drove a bus I jumped over fifteen motorcycles.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

But seriously, if she can beat up a bunch of dudes, crack an uncrackable safe in no time at all, and do all that acrobatic junk, is it hard to believe she can ride a motorcycle? Maybe that was part of Master Thief School.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, the fusion reactor that could turn into a neutron bomb and became MORE unstable as it decayed was completely lazy science writing. Made no sense.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

She's more beautiful than sexy, though. And, yes, there is a difference. The latter being dictated by the all-important "movement test" and therefore being substantially more important than the former.