Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 12, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

good point, I retract

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Was AMAZING

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I saw it, too. I'm pretty tired at work, but it was worth it.

I definitely like the second one more, but that's really just more my style. Still, this was very good, and I wouldn't expect anything less from Christopher Nolan.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Irony????

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some guy with a small johnson decided he wanted to emulate fictional movie characters. He is pathetic and I have little doubt he will eventually smell the almondy scent of cyanide dissolving in acid at a Colorado State Penitentiary before the asteroid wipes us out in 2034.

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

2034? haven't heard of this one

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Will hit in 2036. It is the asteroid Apophis. Feel free to look it up and freak out.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Have we alerted Bruce Willis so he can assemble a team of misfits for us to assign total responsibility for the survival of our planet?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Russia already had a meeting and has proposed building a device along with the Europeans and Americans. It will not involve nukes, but would supposedly go out and alter the course of the thing well before it arrived.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pssssshhhhh. Erebody knows America is gonna be the one saving the day.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

NASA says this isn't a threat at all, and have downgraded the chances of impact from 1 in a hundred thousand to 4 in a million.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm going to go buy a few more guns just in case.

13. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Great, great movie. The final 45 minutes or so were beyond epic.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Going to see it tonight. Will be back to say it is epic later.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I saw it earlier. If you go into expecting it to not be as good as the 2nd one you will think it's the best out of the series. It was amazing. I might go see it again TBH.

16. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I agree with this. It was a much more complete story than the other two. One thing that I found curious was the lack of Batman for so much of the movie. It seemed less Batman-y and more crime thriller movie that was set in the Batman world.

The supporting characters made this movie. Not that Bale isn't great as Batman, but everyone else (especially Hardy, JGL, and Hathaway) were great at portraying their characters and motives in such a short time.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not surprised Hardy is great in it, he's a fantastic actor. People should check him out in the movie Bronson before he got bigger.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here's my ten count, apologies to Hatvol:

1. Best rendition of Catwoman ever. Wasn't too campy, and the character was believable. And sexy.

2. This movie was a great close to the trilogy. It wasn't the strongest. It wasn't the second strongest. But it did belong.

3. Plot twist was great, but there were some elements of the story that were perhaps overly telegraphed.

4. There were elements of the story that flat-out made no sense from a medical perspective, or geography/time perspective.

5. There were elements of the story that made no sense from a character perspective regarding the villain and his army and their treatment of certain groups.

6. I hate it when movies try and make something sound "sciency," and fail miserably to make it at all plausible.

7. The new vehicle was awesome.

8. I really hope they don't attempt a spin-off.

9. The theater in Denver was visibly nervous before and at the beginning of the film. This community is having PTSD from Columbine memories, as well as the actual trauma of yesterday's events.

10. Please, please let the new Superman movie previewed be another bad Superman movie. Please.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nolan is either directing or producing this Superman movie. I actually have hopes for this one

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've seen so many bad superman movies, it is hard to imagine what a good one would look like. But then, he reinvented Big Screen Batman so I guess he's the man for the job.