[ddiapos], an oral history

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 6, 2015.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I watched the LSU clip. I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I must have been crying a little bit too because my daughter asked me if I was ok.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Is there another kind?

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He named his son Peyton and grew up on sec football. You can't find a better fit for tennessee than that.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Cut thought he had the job already due to two camps being involved. I don't think that ultimatum came down until he told Hanilyon to get his shit together. This based on his family's description of what happened.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

to be fair IIRC in the article the press guys who said that were referring to "winning the press conference"

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tis what happens when the two folks who got you the job would rather you die. You have zero power.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Steve Phillips is the stupidest member of the Knoxville media ever. He makes Heather Harrington look like [dadgum] Socrates.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to finish reading that article. It just pissed me off.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was worth finishing just for this quote:

11. CardinalVol

I'd like a contest between him and packer. Too close to call for me. Oh, and dearstone

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I still say it's Dearstone

13. CardinalVol

Don't count our Packer. That guy is both incredibly dumb and annoying. I've been around Dearstone away from sports enough to at least find him slightly tolerable in comparison. I just want to punch Packer in the mouth. It takes talent to piss off every high school football booster club in the greater Knoxville area.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was never around Packer too much, but he was annoying the few times I was around him.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

The Knoxville media is the SEC West of Stupid, for sure

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They got so lazy while Fulmer was here, then offended when Kiffin treated them like dumbasses, then pissed that Dooley wouldn't give them any time and now they're extremely happy because Butch will never turn down a chance for a soundbite.

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Steve Phillips, again showing his knowledge, asserting that Dooley can coach as a reason for him being with the Cowboys. Not sure I agree with that.

18. CardinalVol

There may very well be aspects of coaching he's good at. He might be a tremendous position coach for all I know. What I can tell you, 100% with zero shadow of doubt, is that he is not a good head coach. He's not even a fair or bad head coach. He's an asbolutely terrible head coach.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm glad they pointed out the Troy game. I've heard from two guys on the field that the game was the climax of Sunseri's ineptitude. They said he was literally picking plays off the sheet at random. At least one guy would say 'what the ****' after every call, in the huddle. It was obvious to everybody that he was in over his head, but it's still funny to hear the players talk about it.

20. CardinalVol

The best thing that happened to Tennessee was WVU hanging 70 on Clemson, otherwise Kevin Steele is your DC that year and we probably at least look competent and win 8+.