[ddiapos]: Worse Than John Blake.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You are probably right. Just think history would have remembered him much differently had a combination of Kiffin/Pearl stayed long term.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pearl is a piece of shit human being, though

3. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I wouldn't put him on that list but I understand why you would.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Dooley will always top my list of our bad expirements in the 2010s.

Butch was a fraud who was eventually exposed, but there was at least a brief part of his tenure where we were trending upward from mid to late 2015 up until we imploded in the second half of 2016.

Pruitt was terrible, but we at least had the false hope to somewhat grab onto with the 2019 campaign turnaround to at least salavage a bowl game and finish the year on a positive note.

Dooley arguably got worse every year he was here, was an asshat to his players and staff, and did an absolutely terrible job recruiting, especially in-state. I always wished we had rolled with Kippy in 2010 and re-evaluated things toward the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

lylsmorr and IP like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley was such a [ussy pay] he married a gynecologist. He wanted out after 2011 but Hart wouldn't negotiate the buyout. He was a dipshit to everyone he was ever around. His [uck fay]ing mother called into radio shows defending him.

Butch is a sorry piece of shit that thought 7 wins meant something. If he had shut his mouth and let his coaches coach while he glad handed, he may have lasted longer. He didn't understand football, just cheesy slogans.

Pruitt had an IQ of 43 outside of defensive football. He went to bat for Jeremy Banks and others, that makes him better than the other two jackasses to me. If he had gotten the hell out of his assistants' way, he could have won a lot too. Instead, he micromanaged and told Tennessee high school coaches their players weren't that good

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Can you give us a final summation on why Pruitt allowed JG to torpedo his time here as HC?

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Because he was, is and always will be a bammer at heart. He had no business whatsoever coaching here. Tennessee football being any good is anathema to everything he believes and he was in a supreme position to destroy it once and for all. He did his level best but got shitcanned before he could finish the job. Fulmer is complicit in all this also… I had always thought he was Orange through and through but apparently after he got fired, he turned heel. Once he got the AD job he too was in a position to exact his revenge…

UTanon conspiracy rant over… we now return you to your regularly scheduled nonsense…

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dooley also told Tennessee HS coaches our players sucked.

justingroves likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I remember after Dooley's first NSD, the biggest thing he wanted fans to take away from it was how HE noticed that a lot of film they looked as was sped up to make players appear faster.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What an idiot.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

All of Dooley's energy was spent trying to convince the world around him that he was the smartest in the room. I remember random stories of him ranging from him lecturing the local butcher how to properly cut a ribeye, to him giving the janitorial staff tutorials on how they need to sweep. Dude spent an entire week with interior designers because the carpet didn't satisfy him enough in the new football complex.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Some guy called Basilio one time and said he was at a dinner at Cherokee country club and he and whoever were in line for the buffet and DD cut right in front of them and his wife says “maybe we shouldn’t do that” and DD says “these guys won’t mind”

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

There's a story out there somewhere on the interwebs where people who knew him from HS detail the time a young Derek cussed out his mother and the limo driver on the night of his senior prom in front of his entire group because things weren't up to his satisfaction.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I remember that lol. Can't remember it's origins though. What a stupid crazy time in Knoxville.

Can anyone explain the Chuck Smith press conference that was supposed to blow the doors off the Dooley administration post signing day 2011?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a sociopath

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Nah, a sociopath would have been somewhat successful.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Growing up around athletics as the son of Vince Dooley definitely went to his head.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because he's a dumbass that refused to let his assistants work