Denver vs. Seattle SB XLVIII

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To be fair, the main purpose of the pistol is to mess with defensive strength calls and to allow the RB to be running downhill when he receives the ball while still remaining in a shotgun formation. It doesn't change route schemes a whole lot.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I am saying that while the QB may be the most important player on the field, and the offense may be built around him, that doesn't mean he ALWAYS has the most significant effect on the outcomes of games. Manning didnt have a good game. I don't think it was atrocious as you seem to think, but I admit it was not a good game. That said, a "not good game" by Manning doesn't lead to 40+ points on the board for the other team. Manning wasn't great, and his team isn't going to win when he's not great. But they got their teeth kicked in, and it was for a lot of reasons, most of which were way more influential that Manning's average night at QB.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his play directly led to the hole they had to dig out of. I agree and have said it's not a 5 td margin.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We've been over this.

Drive 1 - safety, not his fault

Drive 2 - 3 and out (Manning 2/2 passing) not his fault.

Drive 3 - interception. Looks like his fault, but debate able because receiver allegedly ran wrong route.

Drive 4 - interception. Arm hit while throwing, running back doesn't go up for ball. Not Manning's fault.

Manning didnt dig the hole.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. true

2. debatable at best. we don't know if he checked down.

3. clearly his fault

4. clearly his fault, rushed the throw off his back foot when he saw the pressure

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and let's not act like he played wonderfully the rest of the game. every pass over 15 yards was WAY off. he missed a guaranteed TD in the second quarter.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. It doesn't matter if he checked down. Checking down is the alternative to throwing into coverage. If that was his read, that was his read.

3. It's not clearly his fault, but I'm more willing to see your point on this one than on 4.

4. It doesn't matter. If the guy doesn't hit his arm, the throw gets to the RB for a completion. It was the right choice to make.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you are talking about the deep ball in double coverage where the announcers claimed the receiver was "breaking free," give me a break. The dude was covered like a blanket.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. it matters if he made the right decision to check down.

4. I posted the video. rewatch it and tell me if you still feel the same way. I didn't not see his arm get hit.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he was open. rewatch it. easy TD.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. Checking down is rarely considered the wrong decision. Ever heard of "taking the fat chick?"

4. Repost it and ill watch it. I'm not going digging.

Post this one too, if you'd like.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sigh. thank you nfl

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Drive 2 you tip your hat to the defense for making their plays.

Drive 4 is debatable to me. The end was getting back there about the time Manning got the snap. He kicked the tackle's ass all game.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wait. You don't think his arm was hit?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think he should have made the throw. take the sack and move on.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

after the throw is what it looked like from the replay. either way he shouldn;t' have thrown it in the first place. when has a pass like that ever been a good idea?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You have to be kidding.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

After reading the shit he's posted all week, I'm guessing he's not.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so apparently if the qb has any pressure the INT isn't his fault. got it.

watch the replay. he saw the pressure. rushed the ball out throwing off his back foot. that's an int more times than a reception.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The video doesn't work. It doesn't matter that he threw off his back foot. He was throwing to the uncovered running back. It would have got there just fine if no one hit his arm.

The ball went straight up in the air because his arm was hit in the follow through. Surely you aren't going to try to tell me that Manning intended to throw it that way?