Denver vs. Seattle SB XLVIII

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Sep 23, 2013.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They've scored more than 20 in 12 regular season games and two postseason games. It's not like Denver had the best defense.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Thanks to their defense playing crappy QBs. Denver's D shut down the mighty Patriot's run game - if they force Russell Wilson to beat them then this thing is going to be a snooze fest as he throws pick after pick and runs all over the place like a chicken with its head cut off.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

If Lynch can go for over a hundred against the niners, Denver shouldn't be that difficult.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Denver has the top rushing D in the league at 64 y/g. "Pot Roast" eats running backs.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Pats had receivers open all day, Brady just sucked. Wilson doesn't throw a lot of pics, only nine all year. If He hits open guys, Seahawks will be fine.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Those are postseason numbers I believe.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The only reason he ever completes a pass is due to him running around the field like a maniac and the defense starts breaking down leading to wide open WRs... that or sheer luck plays from WRs. He's a Tim Tebow or VY if forced to sit in the pocket... and honestly 49ers elite pass rushers were probably worse for keeping him in the pocket.

8. NorrisAlan

Ah, fair enough. Googled regular season and got post season. Top 10 in regular season as well, and Knighton right now is playing his ass off. And it is a damn big ass.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd say that has a lot to do with teams trying to keep up with that offense and not running very frequently.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I agree that does have a lot to do with it, but they played their asses off on Sunday. Interior of Pats oline got dominated.

11. NorrisAlan

I will say this, if Del Rio and Fox go into that prevent defense that would make Chavis go "WTF?", I will scream.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of that has to do with teams having to throw to keep up with Peyton

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I thought Denver's defense sucked and peyton's offensive masterpiece was saving the team from an otherwise embarrassing defeat?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why? because I think that the seahawks will win a game that vegas had them winning by 4 points all of a week ago?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wilson has been less than impressive IMO, but peyton has historically sucked against physical teams and seattle is most physical team in the league. I expect a low scoring game like the 49ers game.

16. The mustang or whatever Denver ran was the right choice. NE's only hope w/8 min left there, down by like 2 scores, was long plays.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think the 49ers are

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I wouldn't pick Denver against he 49ers either.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think the 49ers match up with Denver better than Seattle.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That's more contributed to seattle's underwhelming offense rather than great Denver defense.