Denver vs. Seattle SB XLVIII

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Sep 23, 2013.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I tend to agree. I don't see this as a high scoring game at all, and think it will ultimately come down to Denver's defense. If they can mitigate the Seattle run game Denver can win a low scoring game. Their defense the past couple of weeks has been pretty stout minus the awful prevent.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And they made sure they gave up 20 yards a play every 20 seconds. Had New England managed to recover an onside kick, things would have been dicey.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They have a good pass rush, and physical DBs. Refs probably won't want to throw a million flags for defensive holding or PI, so passing game probably won't be as potent. They'll need to the dumpoff to Moreno to be as effective as it was against NE.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Denver is just as aggressive on grabbing and holding the WRs for Seattle, I think that favors Denver, especially if Seattle cannot mount a run game against Knighton and Co.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't agree with that at all. I think they give mannings receivers significant problems.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Outside of Thomas and Thomas Id agree.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Seattle does as good of a job as anyone taking the tight end out of the game. For the most part, they've shut down Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis five times this year.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Davis is easy to shut down when you've got an inconsistent QB throwing him the ball. Brees forced it so many times to Graham this year that Seattle probably didn't even need to cover the WRs.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

In the divisional round, Brees only targeted Graham four times. Seattle locked him up.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I didn't know the specific stats for the game - just saying in general - Brees has cost his team by only looking to Graham on pretty much every passing play.

11. NorrisAlan

Graham the only one tall enough for him to see?

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I expect Thomas to have a big game.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

31-21 Broncs

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If D. Thomas goes into the game with the mentality that he can and will be physical, I think he'll have some success against Sherman if they end up on each other. Decker won't back down either.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think, with the quality of the corners for Seattle and the sheer number of weapons for Denver, you'll see the weakest matchup targeted over and over again, whether that's a safety on a WR or a LB on a back or TE. Sherman might not have a ball thrown his direction. There's no reason to do it. The Broncos think their 4th option is better than the 4th defender, and that's where the ball will go, IMO.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Brady can't throw a deep ball for shit. I thought it was an insane approach to give him everything under.

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

You just told me 2 weeks ago, before the NFCC game, that you didn't think Seattle could beat Denver. You were on the 49ers and Pats. I'm glad to see you're cognitive reasoning skills are not attached to rooting against Manning. Lol.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't imagine I said that. saying i thought the 49ers would win is not the same as saying i didn't think seattle could beat denver.

19. NorrisAlan

Seattle doesn't have a single player that ever went to a Super Bowl. I wonder how that will play into things, because the two weeks prior can be pretty draining if you are not familiar with it.

Advantage Denver, as Manning has been to two of these shindigs, and will that have any bearing on the outcome?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

didn't help manning the last time around. didn't help the patriots the last 2 times either.