Dooley has hip surgery, will coach from press box...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanbill, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meh, if it were me and I were employing such a strategy I'd stick it out for MSU, which is a winnable game. If the game started to get away, I'd collapse on the field. It'd either rally the troops to victory, or provide a nice excuse.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He knows the schedule. He loses Saturday, it's over.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

It's already over. Just a matter of when everyone realizes it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no confidence in this team on the road, or against SEC teams. It is sad. I want to drink the kool aid, but it turns to ash in my mouth.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I wonder if this is close to the mark. I choose to interpret the timing as a positive sign.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Does this mean he has fluid hips?

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Here's how it happened...............

[​IMG]

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

LSUFreek shows us what happened.

[​IMG]

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He blamed the fans for a subpar draft class.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, no, no, he needs a wheel chair. That way Mommy could push Precious around on the sidelines.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be a complication from attempting to pull his head out of his ass.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

When I read this I could hear the pop sound but then realized, it's still up there.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

A lot of people are talking how much pain he is probably dealing with. If it is post surgery and he isn't walking on it, I don't think it'd be that painful. I sheared off the ball of my femur in high school. Crazy pain, but after it was pinned and screws were surgically implanted, it was strangely less painful than the surgery site itself. I wasn't allowed to walk on it for a long time, but the pain wasn't too bad. Didn't even take my pain killers after the first 2 days.

Granted this is a stress fracture, but I imagine if he is following instructions he isn't suffering much. We live in an amazing time for pain management.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Why do I picture Michael Scott when he burned his foot on the Foreman Grill when I think of Dooley hobbling around?

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Brings up a good point. Is a Doolander hopped up on pain pills coaching better than a "normal" Doolander coaching? May see some crazy things this Saturday.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My first thought as well

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm 37, and I had a stress fracture in my foot cause me problems the first half of this year. It was as painful as all get out. I couldn't walk on it. I couldn't hold it the right way to make it feel better, and couldn't think straight if I wasn't taking my pain meds. That lasted for a few weeks after it showed up. Now maybe I'm a big wuss, and I have no idea how a stress fracture in your foot translates to one in your hip. All I know is I wouldn't wish the pain I went through on anyone else. Well, maybe a bammer fan or two... That being said, I didn't have surgery. I was on crutches and in one of those walking boot thingies for several months.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Friend of mine goes to the same barber shop as Dooley as saw him in there today. Said he was on crutches and looked like he was still in a lot of pain.

TIFWIW

19. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

LSU FREAK! Where are you? Does anyone have his email? He has to have this idea.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He's on twitter (@LSUFREEK)