Eat Shit, Art Briles.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, May 26, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you had seen the wink/wink/nod/nod as I wrote that... :p

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would be the perfect fit for Briles. Birds of a feather...

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what I don't get is how virtually the entire staff has been kept in place. are we really to believe it was all briles and a couple of grad assistants?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Grad assistants are the real loose cannons of the NCAA.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Completely fair and conveniently overlooked point.

From Baylor's perspective, they've already paid enough in (essentially) being forced to fire Briles, and they don't want to get rid of anyone who may be able to somewhat help keep his system rolling, in his absence, and don't give a damn whether they had anything to do with what occurred, or not.

Because it's not about doing what is right, and ridding yourself of any / all involved - it's about giving lip-service and the proverbial "pound of flesh", purely for appearances and PR purposes, alone. Baylor isn't looking to keep only those who are innocent of involvement, but rather, only those whose involvement will be overlooked or can't be proven, beyond Briles. Every coach on that staff, every administrator in that athletic department above unpaid interns and even a handful of university leaders could not have escaped some inkling of what was going on. And it doesn't matter.

And, to be absolutely clear, and just for the sake of my own intellectual honesty and transparency, I'd say the exact same thing were we talking about Tennessee, because that's how we'd almost certainly mishandle and try to get away with it, too. As would Bama, UGA, UNC, USC, Texas, Cal, Oregon, FSU, Rutgers, etc. etc. etc.

Not "at" you or your comment, Dros, but there isn't a group of more genuinely and pitifully stupid people in this world, than those who believe and naively expect that any college program, from University leadership on down, has some overriding moral compass that compels them to do what is right and just. They couldn't give two shits less about what is right or just, but solely on what they can get away with, instead, and almost without any exception.

They're almost as bad as those dipshits who routinely call for Roger Goodell's head for his handling of the domestic violence issue with Ray Rice. Roger Goodell doesn't give a shit about domestic violence, as that's not why he's the Commissioner of the League and paid $30M/yr. And, spoiler alert (hide your eyes), neither does Greg Sankey of the SEC, Larry Scott of the PAC-12, Rob Manfred of MLB, Adam Silver of the NBA, Timothy Fincher of the PGA and all the rest. They care about their brand, and in keeping both it and revenues high. That's why they're hired and entirely judged worthy to continue. And they only care about the rest insofar as everyone else cares about it AND it threatens to impact either their brand or its continuous flow of revenue.

Period.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I love that Briles was stupid enough to think ESPN was an ally. Kudos to The Worldwide Leader for a masterful swerve job on that piece of shit.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

nm, found it

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  9. hatvol96

Great to see how the scumbags he recruited "honored" Briles today. I love seeing that flash in the pan, ***** ass program reduced to rubble. Seeing them and Oregon in ruins is glorious. **** wimp football.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Baylor's whole ad needs to be shutdown. I mean, didn't they cover up or try to cover up a murder a while back?

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Dave Bliss, baby!

12. hatvol96

Yes. Scumbag Baptist Notre Dame.

13. hatvol96

I so love watching the trash human beings that made up that flash in the pan shit show burning to the ground. Where are all the Briles fellaters now? Trash human being running a trash program for a trash university with trash supporters.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

kidbourbon wants him hired here.

15. hatvol96

I will C4 Neyland Stadium to rubble if he is ever even interviewed here.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'll help run the wire.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sad.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Isn't it ironic that the piece of shit who decided a smear campaign against the clinton's was crucial to a real estate investigation, oversaw a massive sexual assault cover-up at a christian college?

19. hatvol96

Baptist BYU deserves guys like Ken Starr.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I love it when Hat shows up and announces his presence with authority.

Stop by more often, my man.