Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

17 Nord right now. Just got to Riften and I'm about to wreck through the thieves guild.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Got it ... played some tonight. Hell of a lot of fun. I am some dude with mohawk cornrows that likes to beat the shit out of people. I seemed to advance my "sneaking" level fairly easily, but that's about all I've noticed so far. I went to Riverwood and then wasted a bunch of time in Whiterun. I've pretty much just followed the story line so far, and wasted time talking to a lot of people to just try to get perspective on the place. I think I am off to kill someone now at the request of my peeps in Whiterun.

3. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

This game has me bad... I am thinking about the damn thing at work. SAD.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What happens if you choose not to level up? Will you just accumulate level gains, that you can later level several times all at once? Is there any penalty for this?

I know you can save spending your perks.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not sure. If I had to guess, nothing would happen and you would level up the next time you chose to do so to whichever level you decide to do so at. Your perk points would probably accumulate in accordance with how ever many times you skipped over leveling up.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

imo you don't continue leveling

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

You can stockpile perk inlocks

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've played Oblivion too but I've also wasted quite a bit of time at the Elder Scrolls wiki. UESPWiki Lots of stuff both on the different games and on the lore. really helps me get a feel for the universe.

9. WM

WM Active Member

First one to level 50 wins this thread.

10. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

I will lose for sure. I am the type of player that is on his way to finish a quest... I see another new town and forgot the quest and explore it. Three days later I will come back the to quest and do the same thing again. LOL

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will lose. Power leveling has never been my style.

12. WM

WM Active Member

Should I be holding in to my dragon bones? Because I sell them usually minutes after slaying one.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure. I've mostly been selling them. I think you can possibly make some sort of armor out of it, if you ever get your skill high enough.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I've been storing mine so I can craft my dragon armor of awesomness.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

One of the guys I work with said you had to max out the blacksmith perk to be able to craft your dragon armor.

16. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Stockpiling for dragon armor.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Found this...

It almost identical to the type of character I play with. This guy's already at 95 archery and 70+ sneak in the video. I'm nowhere near that. I'm around 45 for archery and 42 for sneak.

[video=youtube;EJb6lwnde2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EJb6lwnde2Q[/video]

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I have still not bought a house to store shit. Struggling to figure out how to do this.......any tips?

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Now that I'm in the Dark Brotherhood I store everything collected while out on an assassin mission in the sanctuary there. If you don't buy a house, you'll need to join up with sort of faction to get a bed and chest.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Here's a "how to" for crafting dragon armor:

[video=youtube;0MriQKm59gs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0MriQKm59gs[/video]