Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've mostly been playing with a Breton, but I am using exclusively magic so it keeps it interesting. It is going to feel like a whole new game if I do anything with weapons or stealth.

2. WM

WM Active Member

I'll run away before you do.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't done a ton of quests, but the College of Winterhold quest line is the most epic quest line of any "Mage's guild"-like quest line of an Elder Scrolls game. In fact, every quest I have touched on has felt fairly "epic." Hell, even retrieving some stupid claw decoration for a storekeeper turned into an awesome dungeon dive.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Guess you haven't heard how fast I am. I'll race anyone in a 200m or less.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does anyone else find some of the dungeon puzzles so easy that they are silly to even exist?

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

dunno but got my VN posting privileges revoked for saying the name Hatvol. Apparently you aren't allowed to say that word over there. Someone asked where he was and I told them he wasn't posting on VN anymore.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Actually looks like I got banned completely for that.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Holy shit this game is awesome. I decided to be a Wood Elf and [uck fay] with archery since I never do the archer thing. Killed that first dragon, then dude was like "hey, help me find this dragonstone" and i was all " you mean this piece of shit i found an hour ago when i was killing those zombie [uck fay]ers?"

I love RPGs and I love killing shit, why have I never played an Elder Scrolls game before? It is the best of both worlds.

Now i have to write a paper, and I am not happy.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Sweet...

[video=youtube;xE4uzGaQDQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xE4uzGaQDQg[/video]

10. WM

WM Active Member

Say hatvol in a mirror three times and see whet happens.
    I'm honestly surprised they are still so militant about that shit.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Another fantastic thing I've noticed, in the General Stats there's a category for "Bunnies Slaughtered". I need to get to work on that.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

lol holy crap

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that bass. They just aren't rational over there.

14. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

That is hilarious!

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gentlemen, today it happened: I witnessed a dragon versus Giant fight.

To be fair, I had already engaged the dragon. I had hit it with a a dual-lightning bolt twice, taking away perhaps 5 to 10 % of it's health. But the dragon had used it's breath weapon the giant while hovering out of reach twice. So it was pretty fair.

As soon as I saw the giant turn around and start lumbering towards the dragon after it landed, I immediately started back pedaling and ceased my attack.

The two titans went blow for blow back and forth, with blood textures appearing everywhere after one swing from the giant. In the end, the giant prevailed-- and I still received the credit and soul. After slaying the beast, the giant nonchalantly turned around and returned to herding his mammoths. It was epic.

Another highlight today was assaulting a bandit camp with a zombie cave bear under my command. I sat back and let them work on that, while lobbing in fire balls. Then I just kept replacing one slain zombie with a new one from the growing number of corpses in the camp. Pretty sweet.

Frost atronachs are a joy to behold too, when you summon one and they go around swatting pesky folks out of the way.

If you haven't seen "clairvoyance", it is a very helpful (and easy to cast) spell that shows you the best path to whatever it is you are working on. Helps both in dungeons and in finding "the next step."

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I joined the dark brotherhood last night. The shrouded armor they give you is sweet and goes well with my character since I primarily sneak, use a bow, and magic.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The video was funny as shit

18. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Where I stand:

Level 13

Magicka 210
    Health 160
    Stamina 130

Two Handed 40
    One Handed 37