Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

I am close to buying a PC copy just for the mods. Also, I could take a character in a totally different direction.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Today we’ve begun rolling out Skyrim’s 1.2 update for PlayStation 3 (labeled 2.01 on PSN). The update is already available for users in Europe and we will let you know as soon as it’s up in North America. Our current ETA for Xbox 360 and PC players is this Wednesday, November 30th. So what does the new update cover? Details below…
    UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
    Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
    Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
    Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
    Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
    Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
    Dragon corpses now clean up properly
    Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
    Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
    Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
    Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
    Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
    ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
    Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
    General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
    After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Showing up dead? That's interesting...

Dragon corpses cleaning up properly is the only one I've encountered on this list.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yes, that's what I did until I finally figured out why he wasn't taking any damage.

5. WM

WM Active Member

Finally got past the boss, Lydia is dead now though.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Who's Lydia? The protector assigned to you from Dragonreach?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You must have hit her, then. The npc's can't kill companions.

Don't feel bad, I've wasted two companions thus far. Damn area-effect spells.

8. WM

WM Active Member

IP is gonna win this thread btw.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maxed out Conjuration, and can now have two things summoned at once. I'm just pinning enemies to the ground and gang-raping 'em.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

trying to level magic at level 40 is a [itch bay] - but it's my next goal... doing winterhold quesr line now.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well now that destruction is 50 I'm blowing shit up. Got a lot easier with adept spells.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I learned the fire breathing shout the other night and that mixed with dual wielding flame magic is one hell of a combination. I took out 4 guards last night within 15 seconds.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Fireball spell with two fire perks is hilarious at taking out mobs of people in one or two shots.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guys... I've met someone. And I wanted you all to be the first to know. We have a lot in common, and she wears orange every day.

[​IMG]

I know it is going to be tough because it is an inter-racial marriage... Both of our parents are a bit old-fashioned. But I think she is the one. There could be some issues with her being an undead-hating Dunmer, and me being a necromancer and practitioner of the Dark Arts. I figure it will just make for lively dinner conversation.

Gonna pop the question tonight. Wish me luck. Hope she doesn't show up to the wedding dead.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

can't see the pic

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What are you guys doing to get married and is there any advantage to doing so?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You get a "Lover's comfort" bonus when you sleep next to them, they give you one home-cooked meal a day that has bonuses, they share 100 gold worth of income with you a day, often will buy and sell equipment to you, if you don't own property and they do you can move in with them and thus have property, and there are a few more benefits I am not thinking of. Haven't done it yet.

You need to talk to a priest of Mara, obtain an amulet of Mara that shows you're available, and then talk to an eligible person. An eligible person will ask if you like them, and if you do, then it is just a matter of talking to a priest.

There are a wide variety of folks you can marry. Some have good property, some have none. Some can be companions too, some can't. Some are butt-ugly, some are not.

18. WM

WM Active Member

Amulet of Mara allows you the ability to mingle and courtship.
    You can get it from a monk in Riften for 200 i believe.

19. WM

WM Active Member

Is Aela the Huntress from the companions an option to marry?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, after you finish the Companions quest line. She's a hottie.
    [​IMG]