Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree. Quest organization is the best it has ever been. I can get distracted and quickly pick up where I left off, no problem.

2. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

I have no problem with the game, I just explore more than I should.

3. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Taken down 4 dragons so far, and have only made it to lvl 10. I still wonder off and explore on quest and hardly ever fast travel.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I made it to level 11 last night. I've been following the main quest so far and doing the side quests when they come along. I'm thinking about going ahead and joining the dark brotherhood.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

BC1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

BC2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

can't see the pics

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I tried to post them as a attachement, but I dont see the ability to post attachements anymore.......any help?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fixed. OS didn't want to share, so I downloaded it to my computer and re-uploaded from there.

The orcs look the best they ever have in an Elder Scrolls game. Hell, all the races look better than ever.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Normally I start out games with a stealth character. I usually don't like the magic system very well. This time around, I am blown away by it.

I'm only level 8, but I am already resurrecting enemies as my zombie slaves, not carrying any weapons because I can just summon my own, have all sorts of neat "doo-dad" spells, such as clairovoyance, that make me feel like a bad-ass already. Impaling a guy on an "ice spike" and then raising him back up to fight for you with the spike still in is so sweet.

A big difference in this game versus previous installments is you don't feel as solitary. I have a companion, I can have a familiar, zombie, or summoned atranoch as well. Some quests also let you pick up a temporary companion. Recently, I was cleaning out a den of evil wizards and had no less than 5 friendlies on my side: my companion, a guy I was rescuing, a zombified former enemy, and two vampires I had freed from cages who were trying to kill their former captors. Felt like an army.

And I can have at least 2 allies at any time, with a companion and something I summon/raise from the dead.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I contracted a disease last night in one of the dungeons. Now, everytime I walk past someone they say "Are you feeling well?" lulz

Not sure how to get rid of my disease yet. Also, where are some good shops to buy magic?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had trouble finding decent spells anywhere, so I went to the College in Winterhold. Now I am a certified bad-ass.

Some of the court wizards in the major cities will sell higher level spells. Otherwise, check every merchant for tomes. It took me a hot-minute to realize that is how you learn spells this time around.

I am pretty sure most statues/altars cure disease. Beware, it used to be that certain diseases would be what led to lycanthropy or vampirism.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Another thing that stands out to me is the diversity of wildlife. There are at least 4 different species of fish. There have only been slaughterfish in previous games. There are also dragon flies, rabbits, deer, Elk (Pleistocene megafauna elk, interestingly enough), mammoths, bears of different sorts, some sort of sabre-toothed cat that I ran away from, some sort of lion, and horkers which are basically sea lions/seals.

And I've only been playing a few hours!

14. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Got today, will play tomorrow. Going to kill every [uck fay]ing thing in the game.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

got level 17 today.. played waaaay too much... got 9 levels today and I didn't even touch the main story line... freakin' Rift something city or whatever has a bazillion quests. I'm sick of that place just going to leave all the unfinished ones for now.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

think I'm going to be an assassin and and ditch the heavy armor/2h after seeing that perk in sneaking that allows you to do 15x dmg with a sneak attack if you are wielding daggers.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a whole other game when you are a mostly unarmored guy, though. I'm running around with mage robes, and I feel friggin' naked.

18. WM

WM Active Member

The mind of a madman quest was probably the most fun i have had on any short quests. How [uck fay]ing creative.
    Tempted to use the Wabbajack in a battle.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

ill beat you up

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

wish I hadn't made a nord - too normal.. figured it wouldn't matter caused I'd end up making a new guy.. but I think I'd get burnt out if I tried to make an alt character..