Elizabeth Warren's 11 Commandments of Progressivism

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Jul 18, 2014.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Why do you want all the aforementioned groups to fail?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So foreign companies should have the option to uproot and build plants here but our companies should not be afforded the option to uproot and go there?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Being honest, I don't really care what they do. You're reading too much into that.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha. i know. i was mostly joking. most companies agree with you. the adversarial times come from the union companies.

5. JayVols

And I'm not pro-closed shops. No one should be forced into a union, but they should be allowed to form/join if they choose.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sure that I am. I find it interesting how Democrats use jobs going overseas to fire up their base while ignoring all the jobs being created over here by foreign companies.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as for outsourcing and uprooting companies this has been happening for most of modern human history. some areas have natural resources that allow it to be cheaper to produce certain goods. some have cheaper work forces. some, like america, have highly trained and highly educated work forces. worst thing you can do historically is attempt to restrict that movement.

8. JayVols

Not getting into another partisan thing, but it's the same with military force on the other side of the aisle. We can bomb whoever, but no one else that isn't our buddy can't.

We all have crosses to bear, I guess.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's how i feel, but there are few a la carte unions.

10. JayVols

The only one's I've ever encountered are optional, but Tennessee is a right to work state.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Do you think that is a major blown out of proportion vote getter issue?

12. JayVols

Playing the tough guy card certainly is. I mean, it was the Republican nominee that sang "Bomb Iran" during his campaign not to mention the constant attacks that Democratic candidate X is too soft on (insert current international issue here).

Like I said, both our sides have our crosses to bear.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I will give you that...

[​IMG]

14. JayVols

Cool.

We'll all be sitting by a campfire holding hands & roasting s'mores as we sing kumbaya before we know it.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have a new whiskey/bourbon that I hope to share with you this fall.

http://www.angelsenvy.com/

16. JayVols

Now that's some bipartisanship I can get into. Hope we can make it happen. Been too long.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Available in North and South Florida but not Orlando. Jeez.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've seen it down here and thought about it before. Will have to pick some up next time.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I bet the machines get fewer orders wrong, too